Just want to say Wow on my HDS-7 Gen 2

Moderator: Ken Sauret

R. Duzac

Just want to say Wow on my HDS-7 Gen 2

Post by R. Duzac »

I had my share of concerns about costs and other with my Lawrence units and I speak up about it.
So this time I'm speaking up about how cool my new unit is.

After fishing this weekend at Berryessa, I was amazed when I used my new unit.
Still can't wait to get the second unit.

I was cruising into the cove prior to Putah Creek, Haven't been this far North in a long time.
I had the side imaging on.

Prior to going into a cove I spot what looks like either fish or something else.
I mark it, I say goto spot.
I literally go right to the spot which happens to be brush in 30' of water.
It didn't pay off this time but this is something that I would not have likely found unless I went directly over it with Sonar, and where it was that probably wouldn't have happened.
I'm sure this spot will pay off at some point if it is anchored to the bottom.
Otherwise might not be there the next time.

Anyway, I witnessed the power of Side and Down imaging and it is too Awesome.
Thanks,
Rene
elfish16

Re: Just want to say Wow on my HDS-7 Gen 2

Post by elfish16 »

Structure scan is legit!!! Being an offshore structure guy this has opened my eyes beyond words and has paid off. I'd say the amount of money I've won in derbies the last 2 years using it has far more than exceeded the cost to buy them :mrgreen:
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I have had my gen 1 hds10 with structure scan for 3 years now. elfish and I both fish the same waters here in SoCal. I bought the unit because of my love of offshore structure fishing. I got a super nice trolling motor bracket because the way my boat was rigged originally... I was seeing everything off the back of the boat as the transducer and structure scan were located there. I was seeing fish from the front of the boat which were 20 feet behind me. I added the new bracket and two new transducers up front. The Lss I have can only handle one unit at a time but that's okay as I only have 1 unit. I rigged the boat for two HDS10's...I can unplug and move it to the back of the boat in less than 2 minutes if I was so inclined but sadly since Casitas is not Berry or any of the other choice northern destinations I keep it up front. I saved myself the price of another Lss unit and another HDS10. It is a wow moment indeed and this unit of mine imho has been the only "tackle" that ever made a difference in my production....No magic baits but if by using your unit you can cozy up to a magic SPOT ...well that mine friend is the difference. :wink:

Enjoy
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

yeah, I figured I was late but look forward to seeing more and more structure.

I also agree that it could be one of the only tools I've added in many years to really make a difference.

I will have to now download some pics and post them once in awhile.

Thanks Guys,
Rene