ONIX Waypoint Feature: Mark Favorites

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

ONIX Waypoint Feature: Mark Favorites

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here is a cool feature of the Humminbird ONIX units Waypoints:Mark Favorite Look how simple it is to change icon and color of your waypoints

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Jeff B

Re: ONIX Waypoint Feature: Mark Favorites

Post by Jeff B »

Doug I was thinking of buying an Onix with SI can you tell me if I would need 2 transducers or just the one XT-14 20 HDSI T that comes with it? Thanks
Doug Vahrenberg

Depends on how you are going to mount the transducer the All-In-One transducer that comes with the unit can do it all 2d, DI & SI but many opt to mount the transducer higher or on the jackplate for protection or ease of install and then you will not get 2D readings on plane. So most opt for adding a 2D transducer to get on plane 2d Readings with the Y Cable . Depends on how and where you want to mount the transducer.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Thanks for your information on that. I was a little confused after speaking with a Humminbird rep. I have a 797 with SI now and only run one transducer.
Smorrow0816

Post by Smorrow0816 »

Doug, I asked HB about Google map overlaying the map while on the water and the answer was they didn't have that feature.

Based on this post, could I just turn on my HB 798HD SI at home, zoom in and mark waypoints I wanted to fish the same way you are doing with the Onix?

Also, I am considering a new bow mount unit and wanted your thoughts on either the Lowrance Elite 7 or 7x (not really sure the difference) or the HB Helix 5 (not sure which model to choose). I know you're a HB guy as I have been. I have a budget of $1000.

Thanks for all the work you put into posting videos on YT and forums. You help more people than you know.
Doug Vahrenberg

Yes you can mark waypoints on the unit while at home. Other thing you might check out the NEW LakeMaster +Plus Card that will have Satellite Imagery for HD Lakes included on this new version so SD Card Mapping.

Smorrow0816

Post by Smorrow0816 »

Is the Lakemaster +Plus available for the west. california .
Doug Vahrenberg

Smorrow0816 wrote:Is the Lakemaster +Plus available for the west. california .
It has not been released yet but should be coming soon.