THE OFFICIAL FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE POSITION IS.......

Scott Shambre

THE OFFICIAL FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE POSITION IS.......

Post by Scott Shambre »

When I blast (or crawl) everyone off Sunday, I will announce that the posted lake speed limit is 5 MPH and the FBL position on the matter is to obey that speed limit.

Having said that, I am not going to be a park ranger and drive around the lake looking for teams running on plane. For all I know, the boat I see may not even be in the tournament. If you get cited, I will follow the FBL rule book to the letter which calls for the DISQUALIFICATION of the team in violation. If a team protests, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Like Bahlzar, I have not seen one boat running at 5 MPH in the past week and I have not seen one park ranger issuing at citation. They say that it is mandatory 5 MPH, but I think that they are trying to make a point to keep everyone on the lookout for the debris. As for enforcement, the State can barely get the gates opened on time with the staff they have, patrolling Folsom Lake is a much bigger problem for them to staff.

For those that choose to come out Sunday, I can guarentee you will have a good, safe day and I will make the ruling very clear during the pre-blast briefing. I hope to see ya all out there for what will be an awesome tournament.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
C&C Marine Citrus Heights
www.okumafishing.com
www.basscatcher.com (Markey Baits)
www.roboworm.com
SUSIE'S COUNTRY OAKS CAFE
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
MIKE TREMONT

Re: FOLSOM LAKE UPDATE FOR THE FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE ON SUNDAY.

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Thanks Scott, see you at Suzies.
I had to come back...I know...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

So Scott,

What's with the 5mph ruling, will 90% of the field get DQed from the event for breaking the limit, I know for a fact that most will just take off sooner or later myself included. If in fact that is the speed limit are we enforcing this rule?

Maybe Gary D. will do a little keep the rain away dance this weekend for us Foslom folks!!! HAR HAR

Thanks
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
BassNuts

Post by BassNuts »

I second that question. Will the FBL enforce the rule? or just the rangers?
Scott Shambre

THE LAKE AND THE FBL.....

Post by Scott Shambre »

Fellas,

Thanks for letting me know about your concern, here is what I know and what the FBL has planned. As of 2 PM yesterday there is still a 5 MPH speed limit on the lake. That could change today or it could remain in effect throughout the weekend. The debris that has been at issue is 85-90% on the bank now as the lake level drops. The level has dropped about 4 ft. in the past two days and continues to drop as about a 2-3 ft. a day clip.

As for enforcing the 5 MPH speed limit, the FBL IS NOT an enforcement agency, that is the state park rangers job. I’m not going to be out cruising the lake looking for teams speeding. However, the FBL WILL NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY for injury or damage associated with teams that do violate the speed limit and if teams are cited for speeding and I find out, per the rules they COULD be DQ’ed. As an organization the FBL cannot condone blowing the limit imposed by the state due to liability insurance reasons. Hope this helps to answer you questions.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.okumafishing.com
www.roboworm.com
Love2Fish

Post by Love2Fish »

Can non club members fish the tourney?
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

L2F,
The Folsom Bass League welcomes everybody. The FBL is a tournament circuit and not a club. All ya gotta do is show up with a partner, pay the entry fee at registration, and then go fishing.

For more info, check out the website: http://www.folsombassleague.com

We hope to see you (and everyone) out there!
Hipster

Re: THE LAKE AND THE FBL.....

Post by Hipster »

As an organization the FBL cannot condone blowing the limit imposed by the state due to liability insurance reasons. Hope this helps to answer you questions.

No Scott, this does not anwser the question either you are Dqed for breaking the emposed 5mph law or you are not. :oops:

It needs to be cut and dry, sorry to ask but this plays into game plan strategy of fishing areas etc. :? Like what if I want to poke around Saturday and time my blistering 5mph runs!!! :lol:

All other fishing orgs clearly state you break the rules for that body of water and (blank) would be the result :twisted:

See ya Sunday

Mark
Scott Shambre

Mark, I understand what you're saying....

Post by Scott Shambre »

but there is NO organization out there that polices speed restrictions on certain bodies of water. Look at WON back in January during the last speed limit saga, no enforcement from either the org. or the State, yet everyone pretty much moved around as they saw fit for the conditions. There is none of us that wants to hurt ourselves or our equipment on a $150 tournament.

Bottom line is that, per the FBL rules, if a team recieves a citation during tournament hours, then the possibilty of being DQ'ed comes into play. As for the 5 MPH speed limit, I'M NOT GOING TO DO THE RANGERS JOB FOR THEM!!!! There was more debris in the water on March 12th ( the last FBL event) than there is right now, if the state wants to put a speed limit on the lake, then it is their duty to be out there and enforce the damn thing.

I cannot condone or advise anyone to do anything other than obey the limit, but I live in the real world and saw with my own eyes yesterday that everyone I saw was ON PLANE (in excess of 5 MPH) and driving carefully. As for DQ'ing a team for a citation, it is a real possibility, but don't forget other sanctions that organizations can use before the dreaded DQ.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.okumafishing.com
www.roboworm.com
Scott Shambre

There are no membership or late fees to fish the FBL!!!!!

Post by Scott Shambre »

nm
fishwithwill

Re: THE LAKE AND THE FBL.....

Post by fishwithwill »

Mark,
I'm with you. Rules need to be stated, followed and enforced. It is the inherent responsiblility of all participants to follow all rules of the lake and the tourny and to report violators otherwise there is no credibility in the participants or the organization and this sport relies on integrity. The rule of the lake is 5 mph. If it is violated then there should be automatic D'Q. If you drive faster than 5 during the tourny then you should be D'Q'D. No grey area when it comes to rules. Stand up and follow the rules. No one asked for the FBL to do the State's job, they don't want you doing it anyway, but there needs to be some conviction when it comes to rules.
No grey area in rules,
William Wright
Love2Fish

Re: There are no membership or late fees to fish the FBL!!!!

Post by Love2Fish »

Directions to Susies Country Cafe?

I was going to fish the FPT at McClure with my daughter, but given the water conditions I have decided that she and I will fish the FBL on Sunday. She has been bugging me to fish a tournament for a long time now, so now we'll come out and have some fun.
Calistar

Re: There are no membership or late fees to fish the FBL!!!!

Post by Calistar »

L2F,
We welcome you and your daughter.

Susie's Cafe is at 8683 Auburn Folsom Rd in Granite Bay (on the S/E corner of Auburn-Folsom and Douglas Blvd) right behind the Arco gas station. Douglas Blvd also leads to the Granite Bay entrance to Folsom Lake.

Susie's staff is very friendly and they serve up a mean breakfast for any anglers that come in hungry.

Thanks for supporting the FBL.
Hipster

Re: Mark, I understand what you're saying....

Post by Hipster »

Scott,

No one is asking you to do the Rangers Job, Where did I ask you to do the Ranger's Job? :twisted:

AS for your statement about no other org regulates the body of water rules, Wrong blow a five you get penalized Supposedly :roll:

Now if I abide by the posted law and stay under 5mph and other anglers are allowed to run around at WOT I am at a disadvantage for the entire day. Heck I am at a disadvantage all the time any way (I Suck) but rules need to be rules!! :cry:

Posted Speed limits need to be abided by Sorry if I sound like a cry *** but it's the way it is BUD!! :evil:

I feel you as T-Director and one of the best out there outta be enforcing the 5 mph rule, if it is in fact in effect!! :lol:

Scott with my luck I will be the one to get on plane and get a ticket, it's just me!!

See ya Sunday with my Ark!!! HAR

Mark
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

Okay ... so just to clarify, Scott. If I run at 40 MPH I'll only be DQ'd from the tourney if I'm cited by the state, county or some other park-enforcment entity, right?

In other words lets just assume a competitor comes in with a 25 lb limit and wins and 6 other contestants say, "I saw him driving on plane!"

Your response will be, "I'm only DQ-ing him if he was cited, right?"

Sorry to be dumb ... but I just want to know what I'm risking. Risking a ticket is one thing ... and I understand that. But I also want to know if I'm risking a DQ even if I receive no citation. Must be the damned lawyer in me ... wanting to know all the permutations.
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

THe fly: I think thats what he is saying.........it doesnt matter if someone saw you or not, it would only matter if you received a citation......i was out there sunday and nobody was going 5mph.......I honestly think if the state wanted to cite people they would be out there everyday patrolling,the 5mph sounds to me like they are just telling everyone to be careful....one thing is for sure,it keeps the pleasure boats away!! amen
Scott Shambre

THE OFFICIAL FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE POSITION IS........

Post by Scott Shambre »

When I blast (or crawl) everyone off Sunday, I will announce that the posted lake speed limit is 5 MPH and the FBL position on the matter is to obey that speed limit.

Having said that, I am not going to be a park ranger and drive around the lake looking for teams running on plane. For all I know, the boat I see may not even be in the tournament. If you get cited, I will follow the FBL rule book to the letter which calls for the DISQUALIFICATION of the team in violation. If a team protests, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Like Bahlzar, I have not seen one boat running at 5 MPH in the past week and I have not seen one park ranger issuing at citation. They say that it is mandatory 5 MPH, but I think that they are trying to make a point to keep everyone on the lookout for the debris. As for enforcement, the State can barely get the gates opened on time with the staff they have, patrolling Folsom Lake is a much bigger problem for them to staff.

For those that choose to come out Sunday, I can guarentee you will have a good, safe day and I will make the ruling very clear during the pre-blast briefing. I hope to see ya all out there for what will be an awesome tournament.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.okumafishing.com
www.roboworm.com
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Shambre

Re: Mark, I understand what you're saying....

Post by Scott Shambre »

Mark, did Gary Watts DQ or otherwise penalize the entire field in January ? That entire field blew the 5 MPH speed limit at some point during the day. There was no way for Gary to police it and because everyone was doing it, no one protested a single issue relating to the speed limit.

What I'm getting at, from an enforcement standpoint, it is not possible for an organization to be proactive (other than to make it's position known) and police the speed limit during the day. Once someone is cited or a formal protest is filed, THEN AND ONLY THEN should the org. react with the penalty.

It is the responsibilty of every team participating Sunday to follow the speed limit and all other rules and laws governing the event. Once those rules are broken, either law enforcement will step in or the FBL will deal out sanctions to the offenders. I still hope to see you out on Sunday.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.okumafishing.com
www.roboworm.com
WON Teams

FACTS

Post by WON Teams »

Before you drag WON or myself into this issue without the facts let me clarify.

The JAN event was held under 5mph conditions. I clearly stated that anyone caught by the Ranger, DFG, etc or protested due to exceeding the 5mph speed limit will be DQed.

It so happened that there were no issues that day. The event went off without a hitch.

If the 5mph limit is still in effect for our next event the same will take place.

I can't be out the checking to see if everone is going 5mph, nor can we be out there checking to see if everyone is wearing a life jacket and kill switch or only keeping 5 fish in the livewell or only using one rod. Bass fishermen do a pretty good job of keeping each other in line and I like to believe that all our anglers are upstanding people with great intergity.

In the future please feel free to contact me directly to get the facts about an event I held.

Thank You

Gary Watts
WON Bass Regional Director
Complete Info at www.wonbass.com

NO LATE FEES in the Motherlode region.
bahlzar

Re: FACTS

Post by bahlzar »

I dont believe scott said anything bad about won, I took it as his event would run pretty much same as yours..
Scott Shambre

Thank you for helping to make a point.....

Post by Scott Shambre »

As tournament directors we CANNOT be out there to police everything. The anglers do a great job of keeping each other honest, but for some reason, this particular issue is getting out of control. My point was exactly as you had stated Gary, you set WON's position on the 5 MPH and left it at that. Thank you for coming in to help me make the point I've been trying to make all day.

Like WON did back in January, the official FBL position is that the 5 MPH speed limit is in effect, if you are cited, you will risk being DQ'ed and the FBL will not be liable for any injury or damage because a team made the decision to blow the 5 . I hope that this puts this issue to rest. See ya Sunday.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.okumafishing.com
www.roboworm.com
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

TTT
BassNuts

Post by BassNuts »

Just to let you know. Was out today and did not see any of the 5mph signs that were up last week. Maybe they took the 5mph limit off?. Nobody was doing 5mph, I can tell you that.