Thanks Tracy Oasis/Tracy Bass!

Rob T

Thanks Tracy Oasis/Tracy Bass!

Post by Rob T »

Just finished fishing the Tracy Bass TOC out of Tracy Oasis Marina. I've fished several tourney orgs on Clearlake and the Delta, and have really enjoyed every one of them, but wanted to give a shout out to Terry Flowers and Corinne (Terry's BETTER half - HAR!) for running an outstanding Amateur tournament series this year. Without a doubt a very well run tourney series, and the payouts and sponsor gifts to the anglers were the best of any organization I've dealt with to date by far. Terry pays out 100% of what is taken in, and the books are open for any to see the proof. This on top of fishing with a great group of easygoing sportsmen who love the sport, are very competitive, but still a courteous and helpful group to compete with and against, and lest anyone think this group of fishermen and women aren't any good, the big bag of Day Two of the TOC was caught by John Vano, and weighed 28 lbs for 5 fish, and was done out of an aluminum boat no less! Everyone had a great time, and this was due in large part to the tireless efforts of Terry and Corinne, with the help of folks like Steve Sapp and the rest of the great staff that kept things running smoothly from start to finish. If anyone out there is looking for a great starting tourney series with an easygoing philosophy while still being serious about learing to compete and catch more and better bass, the price is right, and you have a shot at winning since there are no serious "ringers" lurking in the competition field. I know, since I live in Capitola, only own a tin boat, and am the typical weekend warrior wannabee that only can get out a couple of times a month, but still managed to cash a few checks, win one tourney with my parter Bill Durbin (thanks Bill!) get lots of sponsor gifts during the after tourney raffles, and when equipment failures arose, the staff and other competitors were there to help out so we could fish. If you're wondering about competing, but feel a bit intimidated, this is the circuit to fish!

Good luck, and
God Bless,

Rob T