Delta Sloughs

micropterus

Delta Sloughs

Post by micropterus »

Hi All,
I was wondering what the water conditions (other than the severe lack thereof) are like in terms of weed growth. I was up there last year in May and many of the eastern sloughs were choked with weed growth to the point of making navigation difficult. I pretty much stuck to the main river channels like SJ River and Medford Island ... places like that. Need a good flush out like 2008 - 2009.

Thanks in advance for the info ....
Last edited by micropterus on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
fishwithron2

Re: Delta Sloughs

Post by fishwithron2 »

No problem with hyacinth ( Yet) some area water clear and some stain but fishable. Water temp in low 60's.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

The Delta is in great shape. No water level problems, in fact the past two weeks you can see over into the farming islands on the high tides. Subsurface grass is abundant and clean, yet growth is not overbearing and probably lighter than years past as the river has held a good stain even with the lighter rains we've had, which indicates less grass through out the river. Surface canopies are minimal as most of the hyacinth has died and drifted off. Perrywinkle is flourishing and bright green in patches all over. Some back water areas are still choked off with dead hyacinth, but nothing like we saw in the fall when it was booming. Still small traces from time to time of floating debri, very little concerns there with that. The bass are on the chew and very healthy as they prepare to move towards pre-spawn and staging!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

The State has already started to spray hopefully we won't have the problem we had last year.