Bassmaster Marshall

Morgan

Bassmaster Marshall

Post by Morgan »

I am excited about being a Marshall when the Elites come to the Delta. Is it customary to contribute to the Pro? I know we pay a couple hundred bucks and don't get to fish and are there in a different situation than if we were fishing, but just wondering.

Morgan
drew

Re: Bassmaster Marshall

Post by drew »

Your paying to work, observation and data collecting. The only benefit is you might learn something.

If there was an opportunity for you to win money from the competition then it would make sense to contribute.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

No way. I'm gonna be a Marshall too and looking forward to learn something but you're there in an official role and not just for fun. Altough we had to pay for it, we are providing a service for BASS and the anglers to ensure everything is fair and goes by the rules. I'm not complaining and wasn't forced to pay but Marshalls should be paid by the organization and definitely not pay the competitors.
just my 2 cents
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
duckslut23

Post by duckslut23 »

How does one sign up for a Marshall?
duckslut23

Post by duckslut23 »

How does one sign up for a Marshall?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I signed up a long time ago, on Bassmaster.com, found out in November I was selected.
Morgan
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

kraetzer wrote:No way. I'm gonna be a Marshall too and looking forward to learn something but you're there in an official role and not just for fun. Altough we had to pay for it, we are providing a service for BASS and the anglers to ensure everything is fair and goes by the rules. I'm not complaining and wasn't forced to pay but Marshalls should be paid by the organization and definitely not pay the competitors.
just my 2 cents
I never understood paying for the privilege of working.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
len

Post by len »

mark poulson wrote:
kraetzer wrote:No way. I'm gonna be a Marshall too and looking forward to learn something but you're there in an official role and not just for fun. Altough we had to pay for it, we are providing a service for BASS and the anglers to ensure everything is fair and goes by the rules. I'm not complaining and wasn't forced to pay but Marshalls should be paid by the organization and definitely not pay the competitors.
just my 2 cents
I never understood paying for the privilege of working.
we pay every day to work now
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

duckslut23 wrote:How does one sign up for a Marshall?
Registration link for Bassmaster Marshal

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/2015-mar ... nning-soon