A Senko was the star of this show until...

WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Randy Howell and the 6" Yamamoto Senko - watch it here: http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/tv/vi ... id=0002121
DeltaBassBuster

Re: A Senko was the star of this show until...

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

A very nice way to get interrupted. ;-)
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Of course, Gary Y trained that fish to bite on cue! Hahaha
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Andy Lippert

Re: What a joke

Post by Andy Lippert »

Sick how scripted and fake that video is. Lethargic fish, bad camera work, just "happens" to be talking about the bait and have a camera man on the same dock he hooks a giant non-fighting bass beside. :roll: :roll: :roll:

This type of crap makes me disgusted with the sport I love, just like his outright lies about the lure he won the classic on. Funny that he always points to and references the Almighty when he talks, yet he couldn't tell the truth to save his life. SMH.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Andy,
I don't know Randy Howell personally, so I can't say whether or not he's a liar, but that looked pretty real to me.
CLEAN AND DRY
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

+1 with Andy. That video is BS. Everything points to a fake including cuts for editing just prior to the hook set. The fish looked half dead, especially considering it is off a bed and everything is way too "convenient." Most of bass fishing is guys trying to hock goods for their own gain. But hey, fishermen are known for their honesty, right?

"I once caught a fish THIS BIG."
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I don't think that was scripted to catch that fish at all. I agree with the bad recording of the video but I dont think Randy Howell would put his name to a fake setup like that. He's won the biggest fishing tourney known to man kind and is on top of his game so I don't see why he would wanna be part of something so scripted as catching a hog like that. He has nothing to gain by doing that, but a lot to lose as in his honesty. I bet he worked that area over with his fish finder and knew that fish was there and probably did that shoot a few times until he could get that fish to bite. When your at the top there's always gonna be someone trying to bring you down, keep it up Mr Howell and let the haters hate.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Roscoe wrote:I don't think that was scripted to catch that fish at all. I agree with the bad recording of the video but I dont think Randy Howell would put his name to a fake setup like that. He's won the biggest fishing tourney known to man kind and is on top of his game so I don't see why he would wanna be part of something so scripted as catching a hog like that. He has nothing to gain by doing that, but a lot to lose as in his honesty. I bet he worked that area over with his fish finder and knew that fish was there and probably did that shoot a few times until he could get that fish to bite. When your at the top there's always gonna be someone trying to bring you down, keep it up Mr Howell and let the haters hate.
Right on!!!
CLEAN AND DRY
george

Post by george »

Let see here: Randy Howell won the Bass Masters Classic this last year right, Yamamoto Senko speaks for its self; possibly the best bass fishing bait ever made and one of Randy's sponsor companies, but if I could use only one lure for a tournament it would be a five inch Yamamoto Senko in Green Pumpkin Black flake and I would go out with confidence.

Look at the fish when he lips it and takes the hook out, the hook is down the fishes throat; why would a set up fish not be hooked in the lip or jaw? Seems to be impractical to put a hook all the way down its throat.

Based on everything there I would say its legit! I caught a five two days ago off a bed that rolled over and quit, she came right to the boat and was released about ten seconds after being stuck.

Randy is a stick, a really good overall angler and an outstanding spokesman for Livingston and Yamamoto, he does not need to set up a fish to make a commercial!

George
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

staged. im sure Randy caught that fish, and maybe with that senko, but not there. there are too many legit cast to catch videos that prove this is bull.

nice fish though :mrgreen:
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

So if your one of the best anglers right now and a producer tells you that they wanna shoot a commercial but we're gonna stage it, would you be ok with that or would you say hey man I don't need to stage a catch im good enough to catch one on my own. I don't get where and why he would risk everything he's built on a fake catch. Idk bout the rest of you but if I'm one of the best at something I'm not gonna fake it. It was a legit catch plain and simple. Everyone has right of opion but I can't see one of the best staging a catch, sorry.
bass king

Post by bass king »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Staged for sure.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Staged or not, who cares, its a commercial, what commercial today on TV isn't staged?

Course, my guess is you guys never liked watching Bill Dance, Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston's TV shows either! OBTW, no infringement oversteps here, Production crew requested the use of Cooch's Scale! HAR! HAR! HAR!
jg

Post by jg »

My guess the only staged part was they could see the fish on the bed beside the dock and shot the video knowing he would catch the fish. It's on the bed not real hard to figure out he could get it to bite on que.