Need Help Deciding...

sjsuaero94

Need Help Deciding...

Post by sjsuaero94 »

Im on the marker for a new rod and reel, there are so many options. People have their own opinion about every product but I want to know peoples opinions in the reels and rods that I have been thinking of buying.

Reels: Chronarch CI4+
13 Fishing Concept A
Lews BB1 Pro
Okuma Helios
Curado I

Rods: Shimano Curmara and the New Shimano Zodias for the Chronarch
!3 Fishing Envy for the Concept A
Okuma TCS with the Helios
St Croix Legend Tournament with the BB1 Pro
G loomis gl2 with the Curado

I would like to know peoples experience with any of the rods and reels that I have listed especially the rods sensitivity and weight. For now this combo will be for jig and worm
A Perez

Re: Need Help Deciding...

Post by A Perez »

I started with the Loomis GL 2 they r great rods I fish all Irods there not very expensive and there awesome rods and no i'm not sponsored by them there just a great rod. Just my 2 cents. As far as reels go shimano and daiwa r the 2 best.good luck.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

As a retailer here are the rods we sell most
Powell
Dobyns
Phenix
Shimano

They are not in any order
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I swear by my I Rods, they make specific spec rods for all kinds of baits. They have lifetime warranty and have a great pro staff. For 150$ you get a top of line rod for a great price. I have tatulas on all my rods. My setups with seaguar line on all my reels run you 350$ for a whole setup, that's rod,reel and line. I think that's a great deal for top of line product. And no I'm not sponsored by any of those company's. You have direct contact to I rod and they return all broken rods without a question. I only broke one when I caught a hog and stepped on it, and I had a brand new one a week and a half later. Now days you can get a great rod from all brands so it's what you wanna spend but I can't see spending more than 200$ for a rod.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Worm and jig rods needs to have superb sensitivity. So in my HO I'd spend more on a rod then the reel. any reel even inexpensive ones will cast a worm or jig well set right for bait weight and line diameter but I like the chronach the best. Again you want to feel the slightest tick even in the wind with a bow in your line and none of the rods mentioned will suffice. If you can't afford a Loomis NRX used or new get a Glx or a St croix Legend elite. The others are fine for cranks spinners and top water or jerking because of the tension on the line during the retrieve and the extra diamater of heavier line translates bites much better. J