Delta area help please/ bass elite event

bmshepherd

Delta area help please/ bass elite event

Post by bmshepherd »

I've been calling and researching but not getting good info. I'm headin up to the elite series event out of discovery park. What is the best campground in the area? Or a good hotel close by? Never been to an event like this if anyone has any pointers? Thanks, Brad S
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
fish_food

Re: Delta area help please/ bass elite event

Post by fish_food »

The event will be at Discovery Park, which is just outside of Downtown Sacramento. There are plenty of hotels/motels of varying quality within the area: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=mo ... ::Downtown

Since the event is at Discovery Park, you can probably find a river side homeless encampment of your choosing as well. :D
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

. La Quinta Inn is rite at the entrance to Discovery Park and you can walk to weigh in. Total of 4 motel rite there. Motel 6 is kitty corner of La Quinta. They charge $5.00 per car to go into Discovery Park.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

Hey Brad ! if your drivin that far to Sac ! just keep goin to Clear Lake !...
bmshepherd

Post by bmshepherd »

Awesome. Thanks for the help. I will look into the hotel. I have a camper I was considering taking. Does anyone know of a good campground near this area? I'm actually signed up to be a marshal. I'm super excited! Clearlake will have to wait for now!
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

There's a KOA over in W Sac just before the causeway heading west on 80. About 15 min or less drive from there to Discovery Park.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Ok. I live right near that area and I wouldn't leave my stuff in that area all day while I'm out on the water. The KOA in west sacto is actually almost in my backyard and its not bad as there are a bunch of older folk that live right there full time. There's a Marina/Campground area on the river in west sacramento named Sherman Island or something like that, I have never camped there since I live here but its nice. I hear a bit expensive but safe. There's a boat dock with gas and a little store and its probably 10-15 minutes to the Discovery area by car maybe a bit more by boat. It would be south of Discovery in the "5 mph zone" if you want to look at a map. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll call you back and give you what little I know / check details. It's not a big deal as I pass through there a lot.