Spectator and fan boats

jimmyG

Spectator and fan boats

Post by jimmyG »

As I watch the televised national fishing tournaments, I always see a flotilla of fan/spectator boats following and watching their favorite angler. Sometimes you'll see the fans lining the bank. The pro angler caters to them by showing off the fish he caught.

My question to all our 'local' pros is how would they feel about these spectator boats following them on competition day?

I've read from articles where the pro's don't care because if their not fishing my way, their not going to catch my fish. Implying the pros technique and when, why and how.

So what's your opinion?
fish_food

Re: Spectator and fan boats

Post by fish_food »

The flotillas of spectator boats are part and parcel of what the pros all signed up for. Spectators are the customer base whom the companies are all hiring the pros to advertise to. If spectators follow too closely or disrupt the pros' waters, they just have to bite their tongues and fish on--companies can't piss off potential customers and market share!

By making an effort to actually get on the water and spending money on gas, launch fees, etc to follow the pros, these spectators are showing the companies they're the Uber Customer Base so it's best not to piss off a company's bread and butter.