Eric Elshere ABA Benefit Tourney May 16

Dave Poolman

Eric Elshere ABA Benefit Tourney May 16

Post by Dave Poolman »

On Saturday May 16, 2015 ABA Casitas Bass Region will be holding a benefit tournament to help Eric Elshere in the fight of his life with cancer. There are no membership fees for this tournament. If you would like to donate raffle prizes or have any questions, please contact Jason Hemminger at (805)479-1058. Please put the word out to anybody with a boat on Lake Casitas.
Thank You
Dave Wilson

Re: Eric Elshere ABA Benefit Tourney

Post by Dave Wilson »

Even Obermeister shall attend ( now, only in spirit )
Last edited by Dave Wilson on Fri May 08, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike at robo

Re: Eric Elshere ABA Benefit Tourney May 16

Post by mike at robo »

Roboworm will be putting together a prize package worth 1,000.00 dollars !!!!! Raffle tickets will be available before and after the tournament !!!!!!! You DO NOT have to fish the tournament to get in but you have to be there to purchase a ticket . Show up after the tournament and take a shot !!!!!!
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Signarama Ventura will be donating a coupon for 2, 3' x 10' custom banners and another coupon worth $500, good towards a vehicle wrap (Boat, car, or vehicle you need wrapped.

I contacted Roger Larocque at Peregrine 250 and I'll be picking up product this Saturday at the NBW castaic event that he will be donating for this benefit tourney.

I'll let Jason H decide how he wishes to raffle the donations.

Mike Reese
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Wow- those are some great prizes so far for the raffle!! Some really generous businesses helping out, these guys are great!
Elshere, L

Post by Elshere, L »

I would like to "Thank Everyone" for all of there "Support and Prayers" in this difficult time. Above all, Eric is doing good. It was touch and go for a while. We are taking it one day at a time. What I have noticed over the years, fishermen are a special group of individuals. We are a family. We are very competive on the water, but when the day is done we come together for a laugh and a joke. When the chips are down, the fish community always raises to the top. You have done it again. I would like to Thank Jason and ABA for putting on this Benefit Tournament for Eric. This is building up to be a awesome event. I would like to "Thank All" of those that have donated there time and some of the most incredible Raffle Prizes for this event. Take a look at the list of Great Raffle Suppliers we have so far:

Roboworm
Signarama
Eric’s Tackle
Anglers Den
The Fish N Fools
Pro Tackle Solutions
Action Tackle
Butch Brown - Signature Deps Baits
Jerry Rago Baits
Dead Horse Baits
I-Rod
Spencer Mackenzie’s
Peregrine 250
Don’s Smokin Salmon
5 Point Skate Shop
Fishing For A Cure.Net
Ojai Angler
Ventura County Bass Club
C.D. Lyon Construction, Inc.
Crimson Pipeline
Speed Twin Sport Fishing
Blade Runner Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Basstrix Lures
Jay Poore - Crucial Rod
Anglers Marine
Huddleston Deluxe Swimbaits
QuickDrops Weights
Dick's Sporting Goods
1800BASSBOAT.COM - St.Croix Rods & Ardent Reels

If you would like to add to the incredible list above, you can drop off your items at either Eric's Tackle, Anglers Den, or call Jason at 805-479-1058. If you are unable to fish the event, please plan on attending the raffle. You won't be disappointed. I can't say Thank You Enough For Everyone's Incredible Support!!!! You got it Marc. You are on the list and Thank You!!! There is only a few days before the event and we are still having awesome folks and companies donate Raffle Prizes. The amount of support for Eric is INCREDIBLE!! There is not much more I can say except, THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Larry Elshere
Last edited by Elshere, L on Thu May 14, 2015 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Marc

Post by Marc »

I would be honored if you would add QuickDrops dropshot weights to the list. I am driving up from San Juan Capistrano to fish for this great cause, and will bring the QuickDrops with me. I hope everyone considers fishing this event, and I thank ABA for putting it on. I will also cover the event hopefully for a future story.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Elshere, L

Post by Elshere, L »

This tournament was not only a regular point tournament for angler of the year it was also a benefit tournament for our fellow angler Eric Elshere that is now in a battle with cancer, we had an amazing raffle that raised the Elshere family $5,637. It was good to see some old faces and friends that came out to support the cause. We had 26 boats in the tournament.

1st Mike Reese (solo) 17.08 $1,665
2nd Ken Vanderburg/ Stan Vanderburg 13.23 $1,326
3rd Martin Brian/ Ray Rodriguez 13.20 $535
4th Bill Cook/ Cody Cook 12.88 $308
5th Rick Larson/ Rick Jarakian 12.75 $543
6th John Karayon/ Fred Klinshan 12.26
7th Chris Chandler/ David Delucca 12.03 $288
8th Jason Blackwell/ Allen Hayashi 11.29
9th Tim Brown/ Ed John 11.26
10th Marc Macatoniol/ Doug Hanson 10.23 $838
11th Don Smith/ Doug Frasco 10.20
12th Joe Marquez/ Parker Marquez 10.13
13th Bill Griffth/ Chris Demoore 10.03
14th Paul Ramsey/ Matt Lindsey 7.32
15th Russel Trozera/ Joe Trozera 7.32
16th Angle Perez/ Gary Lumas 7.14
17th Mike McQuillen/ Doug Carlson 6.26
18th Sean Franks/ James Gamble 5.96
19th Kelly Ripa/ Aldo Acevedo 4.69
20th Matt Newman/ Brian Evans 4.23
21st Wallace Hemminger/ Dwayne Fochler 3.96
22nd Dave Wilson/ Brandon Ober 0
22nd John Beckett/ John Flynn 0
22nd Ralph Chavez/ Rudy Chavez 0
22nd Adam Kemble/ Ryan Caufield 0
22nd Robbie Martinez/ Brandon Lemay 0
Elshere, L

Post by Elshere, L »

I would like to "Thank" Jason for his vision, and ABA for there support. With over a 100 fishermen and friends gathered together to support Eric was far beyond what we invisioned. Everyone had a great time and the lucky winners came away with some pretty impessive raffle prizes. I would like to say "Thank You" to "EVERYONE" that donated there time and the most imperssive raffle prizes I have ever seen at a single event. Eric was blown away by everyones kind words and support. He is doing and feeling good, but has a battle ahead of him. "Thank You Again To All" and Mike, what an awesome banner!! Hoplfully Eric can get back on the water soon!!! With all your continued "Support and Prayers", he will be there before you know it!!!