Lake Isabella

Wrknap

Lake Isabella

Post by Wrknap »

I was thinking of going up to Lake Isabella Ca this Sunday. It's been awhile since I've been up there. I'm concerned about the water level (Not to mention the wind). I know it's low but I'm hoping I will still be able to put the boat in the water from shore (4x4). Does anyone know if this is still a viable option? Any comments on a fishing report would be a plus... I'll post the details of my trip afterwards providing lake status & success rate...
Thanks in advance!
green weenie

Re: Lake Isabella

Post by green weenie »

Honestly wouldn't waste my time up there right now. Very inconsistent. Weights are down. Fish don't appear healthy. Patterns
Have really changed in the low Water levels. Launching is still doable with 4x4 but loading is difficult in afternoon wind with
Exposed south shore ramp. Lots of
Hazards in water. BUT any cast can still be a fish of a lifetime so you never know.

Wes
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

Thanks GW, my partners dead set on going to Isabella... I would rather hit Castaic for a short day trip...
I'm more concerned with the hazards (rocks & stumps) just under the water than the wind. Although historically, they've done a pretty good job of marking, I'll have to putt around, take it slow.
I'll let you know how it went!

Thanks again!
green weenie

Post by green weenie »

I'll be up there on Monday in a red basscat. Stop by and say hi. Wes