Weed sprayers

Fishdokter

Weed sprayers

Post by Fishdokter »

Saw some hot blonde drive past me in an airboat the other day. Are the weed sprayers at it again!
george

Re: Weed sprayers

Post by george »

Hot blonde, yea that was my cousin Caitlyn. She/he is cruzin the delta now looking for adventure! lol ****They are probably not spraying yet.
Fishdokter

Post by Fishdokter »

They are spraying I saw it on the website!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

That hot Blonde is Chuck Russo's Daughter her name is Amber, she is married and 3 children
Fishdokter

Post by Fishdokter »

Well isn't this interesting..... I've listened to anglers grip about how the county sprays the weeds and kills the fish so on and so forth....meanwhile Amber Russo "The Delta Fishing Queen" is the one spraying the weeds and seemed to stay consistent in catching fish!! Maybe someone needs to ask her to attend a few local weigh-ins so she can educate those who don't understand what her job Intells and what the effects are.... Sorry Gene I meant know disrespect.... I have been launching out of Russo's for the past 5+ years and wouldn't launch anywhere else.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Amber has been with the state for almost 10 years or better. Her fishing career has pretty much come to an end since she got married and has children. She is a sweet heart.
By the way where they spray and what they use is public record. The chemicals have changed completely in the past 5 years.
reddog

Post by reddog »

So the "Amber" issue aside, I know this will probably not be popular but I'm curious. Why are we all so mad about the spraying? I get the fact that if you're on fish in a certain spot and they come along and wipe out the weeds it fouls up the spot but it seems to me, and I could be wrong it's up for discussion, that the delta levee system was originally designed to carry water for AG and civil service. We have since turned this into the incredible fishery that it is. Now I'm not for stealing the water and shipping it south at alarming rates but if we dont keep at least some of the weeds at bay they DO interfere with the flows and therefor add fuel to the fire for that ridiculous tunnel idea. Lessor of 2 evils kind of thing. What dont I understand about this?
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

It's human nature to complain...if they spray and mess with the fish habitat, people complain. And if they DON'T spray, the hyacinth and other weeds go wild and they complain about that!
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Chad LeBlanc

Post by Chad LeBlanc »

The spray killed the bite in Sandmound a few weeks ago. The grass in the middle was getting just right and the next weekend, BAM! No grass. One of the locals on the dock said they had been through there earlier in the week!!! DOH!
Fishdokter

Post by Fishdokter »

The tunnles are a bad idea due to the amount of salt water that will come in. The tunnles will do way more damage to the Eco system then any weed spray will do. Keep our fingers crossed they decide to drop the ball!!
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

I can't wait until they figure out how to get rid of that stinking primrose. That stuff is ruining some of my spots.
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

Gene Buchholz wrote:Amber has been with the state for almost 10 years or better. Her fishing career has pretty much come to an end since she got married and has children. She is a sweet heart.
By the way where they spray and what they use is public record. The chemicals have changed completely in the past 5 years.

Gene,
Can you put up the site where this can be found.
thanks
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Sorry I don't have the web site. I'm a good friend to the person that runs the spraying.
george

Post by george »

:D
george

Post by george »

What areas?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

Wish they would do something about the huge tangles of growth that are snarling the tules in the western delta. Not sure what it is, but it has a big mass of large roots as big around as a pencil and a foot deep. I realize that a little cover is a good thing, but this stuff is ridiculous. It stretches 30 yards off the bank in some spots.