Best Polarized Sunglasses

McConnell6531

Best Polarized Sunglasses

Post by McConnell6531 »

Looking into getting a high quality pair of fishing glasses like maui jim, costa, wiley x, and so on. I really only fish lake pleasant and bartlett, usually in the shallows, in Arizona (however i am planning on going to canyon and saguaro lake) and need some input on lens color, make, and model that fellow fishermen are using. Thanks everyone.
zethkinnettfishing

Re: Best Polarized Sunglasses

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

I don't worry about it to much. I just use copper lens all around. Some guys have a pair for varying conditions. You listed a lot of brands and they are equal in quality. You need to try on specific models to get the pair that fits you best. If you can't go in somewhere like REI and try on glasses then order a bunch and return what you don't like. Fit is #1.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Easily second the FIT is most important. That said I've had a few pair because I'm kind of a sunglass snob. (only in fit and preformance, not price) That said I've picked up some of the newer Amphibias recently and I really like them. You'll have to look for which ones you like personally but the lenses are high quality and they have some sort of coating that for some reason doesn't allow the water to spot on them easily when landing a fish or running spots on windy days. I have the Amber Wave lens which is a little light LOOKING at first but I've found that I dont get any eye strain even on really bright days plus they're solid on low light days which is a difficult combo to find. Oh yeah they also have a level float system which I have not had to use yet but could be extremely useful if they fell off or flew off your hat while running.
Popper

Post by Popper »

There are many good quality sun glasses on the market.
The higher end glass frames and lenses will be superior to the lower cost models.

My preferred choice after using many brands:
Costa Del Mar and Maui Jim

This choice is based on quality of lens, frame, hinge design/materials and fit.

Lense color choices for the day is based on water color and clear to overcast skies.

Ed
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm not sponsored by a sunglasses company but own and wear Maui Jims, Costa's and Oakleys. Out of the three I like the Maui Jims optics the best. When you put them on its like putting on rx glasses with how much they cut out the glare and bring out the colors. I think Costa is a close second with their 580 lenses and they have better style of frames. And Oakleys are my everyday/driving glasses. They are light but because they are plastic they scratch really easy. As far as color lenses, I go with grey 90% of the time. I do like Amber on overcast or foggy days.
OG on WB since 1993
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

I recently picked up a pair of Wiley X and since I started using them, I haven't taken my Costa's out of the storage case. I actually bought another pair of Wiley X's. They have a fishing-specific line now, they are extremely comfortable, and much better priced than Costa.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Andy Lippert wrote:I recently picked up a pair of Wiley X and since I started using them, I haven't taken my Costa's out of the storage case. I actually bought another pair of Wiley X's. They have a fishing-specific line now, they are extremely comfortable, and much better priced than Costa.

I wear prescription sunglasses and changed over to Wiley X about 3-4 years ago, they are a great lens at an affordable price. I picked up a pair for work and plan on getting two new prescriptions cut this year for fishing and work.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whichever brand you buy, if they have plastic lenses, put them in a case when you're not wearing them, and clean them often and carefully.
I have several pair that were great when I first got them, but that go foggy over time and use, because I didn't realize how easily they got scratched/fogged up.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

Got my first pair of Maui jims about 2 months ago
The optics are incredible :shock: :roll:
Amber gradient is what I chose
I am not at all disappointed
Just a bit lighter in the wallet dept. since they were prescription they were pricey
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

I have been wearing Costas and they are fantastic. I almost feel like my eyes are relieved beyond words wearing them. The glass lenses weigh a bit more and are nice, I just go with the plastic lenses but I keep them in a case.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Check out these! Pretty cool glasses and a great price point! RR
http://www.fishermaneyewear.com/fme/index.html
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Over the counter Costco polarized sunglasses are good, only a few frames to choose from. Dark grey with UV protection for bright sunlight that you have in AZ is what I would recommend.
Maui Jim are excellent with good frames and high quality lens, plus easy to find a local retailer.
Tom