White Bass in San Antonio?

Steve

White Bass in San Antonio?

Post by Steve »

Ive got to spend some time on San Antonio and was hoping to catch a white bass. Can anybody verify that there are white bass in San Antonio?

I know they are in Naci, but not sure about San Antonio.
mrobinett

Re: White Bass in San Antonio?

Post by mrobinett »

You might want to check, but I heard the lake was closed to water recreation because of low water level.
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

LOL , there is no water . Its basically a dry lake bed. Naci is your best bet.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I understand there is low water. Im only interested in finding out if white bass are present in San Antonio. Does anybody have any comments on this?
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

Never heard of anyone catching white bass at San Antonio, but if they aren't there now they will be once that tunnel from Naci is built. Spots too.
Golden Empire Bass Club
Tony P

Post by Tony P »

You'll never see that tunnel built. The whole white bass deal has been holding it up for years. They were suppose to kill off Naci many years ago but the white bass fans stopped that with the help of all the nature lovers. Naci used to be a great Largemouth & Smallmouth fishery until the introduction of spots to the lake. I'd love to see them Nuke both lakes (San Antonio has the Stripers they don't want moved also), build the tunnel, & start from scratch. Just my $.02.
DDG

Post by DDG »

Dude San Antonio has no water at all it's a dry lake bed now. Unless someone has pictures I'm positive there's a only a puddle near the dam.
norththird

Post by norththird »

San Antonio does NOT have white bass. San Antonio is at about 4% capacity, and yes there is water. More water than you would think. But, LAKE IS CLOSED as of July 1st. The pool of water goes from Harris creek to the dam,
and is boatable, just nearly imposable to launch a boat off a trailer as the last boat launch is out of water.
But remember, the lake is totally closed. Lake info at :http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/rese ... irData.pdf
N3rd
norththird

Post by norththird »

Pics of San Antonio at 5% looking from Harris Creek toward dam. Dam is not visible, it is about a mile or so past the cove on far side of pics.
Attachments
july 2014 015.JPG
july 2014 014.JPG
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Come on El Nino.