Anyone have advice for Delta Stripers?

edsterone

Anyone have advice for Delta Stripers?

Post by edsterone »

Going to the Delta tomorrow. Haven't been in a while. Can anyone give some advice on the striper bite? What to use and where to go? Any advice is appreciated.
Cooch

Re: Anyone have advice for Delta Stripers?

Post by Cooch »

Best bite is out west, Big Break & Sherman areas, paddle tails are best, topwater kinda still slow, but there. Fishing round Franks is good first two hours in the Am and last two hours in the evening, again best bite is swimmers! Also a good group up around Liberty Island as well!
edsterone

Post by edsterone »

Thanks Cooch!!! Much appreciated!!!
Synwyn

Post by Synwyn »

Bit late to this, but I can confirm that Sherman Lake is fantastic right now. Went out this past weekend and boated 13 fish over an hour and a half.

First time targeting stripers and it was an absolute blast.
edsterone

Post by edsterone »

thanks synwyn!! I wasn't able to make it up there last weekend but I'm going this weekend for sure. Sherman Island for sure from the sounds of it!! Hopefully the heat doesn't change anything!!
Synwyn

Post by Synwyn »

It won't. It was 105 when we went out. The morning was tough. We caught the majority of our fish between 3PM and 530PM. The afternoon bite is really strong. We struggled with everything but crankbaits, but we're not very experienced with swimbaits.

Fish along the rock wall in Sherman. There's a nice drop there where the stripers seem to be hanging out. We didn't catch anything worth noting, but tons of fish are better than no fish.

Good luck!