Another whopper alert from Chabot

WB Staff

Another whopper alert from Chabot

Post by WB Staff »

From Lake Chabot
WHOPPER ALERT!!! Calvin Bleth of Castro Valley catching and releasing this nice whooper size bass fishing near the island. Lake Chabot — in Castro Valley, California.

If you missed the mid September's whopper alert, click here for the 16.6 http://www.westernbass.com/forum/post55 ... ot#p550661

chabot.jpg

If you missed the mid September's whopper alert, click here for the 16.6 http://www.westernbass.com/forum/post55 ... ot#p550661
zethkinnettfishing

Re: Another whopper alert from Chabot

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

not exactly a whopper for Chabot but not bad. there are many large bass in all of the Bay Area reservoirs. Lets not put to much pressure on one single lake.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

A four pounder?
DDG

Post by DDG »

zethkinnettfishing wrote:not exactly a whopper for Chabot but not bad. there are many large bass in all of the Bay Area reservoirs. Lets not put to much pressure on one single lake.
They need to figure out how to catch them first :twisted: haha in all serious though someone last year caught a double digit fish from a local reservoir and weeks to follow i saw numerous unfamiliar faces on the water hunting down a Lunker. One guy who was fishing near me in a green coleman canoe was fishing a senko and i watched him boat two fish. i watched him remove the hook and toss both fish in the boat like a real meat hunter and continue to cast. Later the ranger at the ramp said "did you see that guys fish?" he just took a 9lber home along with a five fish limit. I encouraged him to release the 9lber but he said "I paid my fees. I am keeping these fish." My point is hard core BASS anglers that practice catch and release are not the only people using our social media. :shock: