Oregon college shooting

mark poulson

Oregon college shooting

Post by mark poulson »

How many of us gun owners have kids in college, and are horrified by what just happened in Oregon?
How can we help prevent this from happening again?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
rich mendoza

Re: Oregon college shooting

Post by rich mendoza »

Get rid of gun free school zones!

As the criminal ( mentally unstable) sees it , like shooting fish in a barrel.
Owner @ canopygrenades.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Do we really want a bunch of hormone-driven young adults armed? I never went to college, but three of my kids have, and the stories they tell me, and they are edited, make me glad there were no guns around.
CLEAN AND DRY
drew

Post by drew »

A young person that has social issues due to asperger's disease and then becomes schizophrenic in their later teens/twenties is a recipe for disaster. If they are determine to kill they will do it by any means.

mark poulson wrote:Do we really want a bunch of hormone-driven young adults armed? I never went to college, but three of my kids have, and the stories they tell me, and they are edited, make me glad there were no guns around.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

drew wrote:A young person that has social issues due to asperger's disease and then becomes schizophrenic in their later teens/twenties is a recipe for disaster. If they are determine to kill they will do it by any means.

mark poulson wrote:Do we really want a bunch of hormone-driven young adults armed? I never went to college, but three of my kids have, and the stories they tell me, and they are edited, make me glad there were no guns around.
Drew, I'd rather my kids were faced with a knife wielding assailant than one armed with an AK47.
CLEAN AND DRY
drew

Post by drew »

It is a travesty but it is also extremely rare.

What is the probability of your kids dying in a car or bus accident?

This is a mental health issue. :wink:
mark poulson wrote:]Do we really want a bunch of hormone-driven young adults armed? I never went to college, but three of my kids have, and the stories they tell me, and they are edited, make me glad there were no guns around.
[/quote]

Drew, I'd rather my kids were faced with a knife wielding assailant than one armed with an AK47.[/quote]
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Drew,
Would you rather have a crazy person with a knife or an AK47 out there?
Fortunately, I only have one child left in college, but I still worry about it.
How many of your kids are still in school?
CLEAN AND DRY
drew

Post by drew »

If it would not require more regulation I would prefer they did not have weapons. If it requires the good citizens of this country to lose more of their rights and have to pay for new regulation$enforcement then no. People will kill people its a hard fact of life. Our freedom and our country are much more important.

The worry part is relatively unwarranted. People are concerned about things that are so rare but yet those that are thousands of times more likely to happen are not an issue. This a mental health and ignorance issue. I do not mean of the perpetrator.

This is not fishing or hunting related so I'm done.
mark poulson wrote:Drew,
Would you rather have a crazy person with a knife or an AK47 out there?
Fortunately, I only have one child left in college, but I still worry about it.
How many of your kids are still in school?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Drew,
Most of what we, as parents, worry about is probably unwarranted, but we worry, anyway.
We can't just shrug this off as "stuff happens". People's lives are too important.
I started this thread in the Hunting Forum because all of the hunters I know are responsible, sane people, who care.
The NRA has taken the voice of hunters and twisted it into an apology for the gun industry, which we are not.
How did such a small group of extremists become the face of responsible gun owners everywhere?
CLEAN AND DRY