Is your fishing shopping like your wifes shoe shopping?

george

Is your fishing shopping like your wifes shoe shopping?

Post by george »

I was just out in the garage looking at a peg board wall of baits as well as thirty Plano boxes of lures and another twenty of soft baits. To my left is a wall of thirty five rods with reels all re-spooled and ready to fish and behind that wall is a bundle of another twenty rods in a closet that have been taken out of the rotation due to defects or age.

Now I go to any store such as Wal Mart or see a tackle shop near where we are grocery shopping and I let momma go get the groceries and I am heading into the tackle shop.
I see rods for sell on a clearance rack and the new years models staged and looking at me, they all seem to be made perfectly for my hand so I have to almost unconsciously take a rod or two from the clearance rack because the are a deal and a half and another brand new model because its cool.

Cant leave the store with a naked rod so I throw down another credit card for a couple reels that will match up perfectly and I am getting excited about getting home to spool em up and put them into the boat and planning my next day out to give em a try.

I some how totally forgot I had thirty five combos set up on the wall and all wanting and needing my attention, each hoping for a day out on the water for some one on one action and I don't even give them a thought.
Are the rod companies putting a chemical in the mix to make us lose the ability to be some what rational and think about whats at home?

Is this the same addiction that I have bent my wife's ear about when she buys another purse or another pair of shoes and these cloths were all on sale so she saved a ton of money!
Am I a hypocrite or do I have an addiction?

* With that being said I am going to look into buying properties on both the delta and Clear Lake where I will be setting up group therapy rehab centers for other folks with this same addiction. These programs will be all one full week and there will be segments to teach you how walk away from a tackle shop for under a hundred bucks.
Each morning you will wake up to Ultimate Bass Radio instead of an alarm clock and must have breakfast and be on the water by sun up. You will be allowed to use only three rod/reel set ups each day with one box of hard baits and one box of soft baits and terminal tackle.
If you think this could be you please let me know and we can get you signed up, I really think that I could be a great fishing therapist!

George
steve black

Re: Is your fishing shopping like your wifes shoe shopping?

Post by steve black »

Hey George, I think I have it really bad, you better put me down for both places, for at least a week at a time. :D :D
Steve.
Javelin Jim

Post by Javelin Jim »

Yeah George,

I definitely need this therapy. Sign me up.

Jim Oliver
Spanky

Post by Spanky »

I thought I had a real obsession and addiction to fishing these smallies out here in the east. I have more than enough stuff. But, you have me beat 7 ways to Sunday and back. Don't feel too bad about putting in an order to Tackle Warehouse today than.

It's good to know that a rehab may exist. A trip to Cali would be inline. I was out there some years ago and didn't want to go home. I won't go home if I come again. That's where I got hooked on the Roboworm and have fished it ever since.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

And the problem is? Hahaha
Funny how we all need to scratch an itch in our own way.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY