OK It's Now Time To Put Up Or Shut Up!!!!

wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

OK It's Now Time To Put Up Or Shut Up!!!!

Post by wayneg »

Hey Guys,

Next goal is 1000! CLICK AND SIGN TO SAVE DELTA FISHING!

Please click the link below and sign up on our petition to Save The Delta. George Azevedo has created a very simple petition form for you to sign and it will go to our local legislation people and tell them........

Fish and Game biologists have found through their studies that the Striped Bass, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass have nothing to do with the declining numbers of Salmon and Delta Smelt. They claim it is the fault of record low water flows through the delta due to diversion of nearly half the fresh water entering the delta by both the California Aqua Duct and Delta Mendota canal systems.

Thank You.
Wayne

PS Guys, you don't have to live in California to sign the petition!

http://email.change.org/mpss/c/7QA/SCE/ ... 7b-2BN71gk
striper-1.jpg
striper-1.jpg (71.89 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
gabuelhaj

Re: OK It's Now Time To Put Up Or Shut Up!!!!

Post by gabuelhaj »

Done.

Also a good idea to send a letter to the Obama administration to oppose and veto this bill like they do and will for HR 2898.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
nctrucker

Post by nctrucker »

first post here. good cause for fishermen to to do something for longevity of our sport. a minute or two and you can add a little impetus to the cause.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Done.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Marc

Post by Marc »

Done!
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Bascat95

Post by Bascat95 »

Done!!!!!!
Burke

Post by Burke »

Done!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

done and shared on FB
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
akolarich

Post by akolarich »

Done :) What I am trying to understand is; how does killing millions of fish to save fish compute and make sense? Also, aren't Salmon migratory? Therefore, how does the bass population have a negative effect on the Salmon? I have fished the delta for many years and I have still yet to see a wolf pack of bass chasing down a 20# salmon. lol :lol: :shock:

Aaron-
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Done from AZ
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
whazup

Post by whazup »

Also done from AZ. Lived in Stockton all my life. What is happening to the Delta is sickening. Where is the common sense???
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

Done, yet one thing bothers me.. Why am I not seeing this on other sites?
jeff bradshaw

Post by jeff bradshaw »

Done.... and shared on facebook
Todd Siegfried

Post by Todd Siegfried »

Having trouble pulling up the petition. Any advice? Thanks
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Wrknap wrote:Done, yet one thing bothers me.. Why am I not seeing this on other sites?
Brother (assuming you're a male), copy and paste Wayne's post to other sites. I've already done that to a site in San Diego w/ hundreds of fishermen.

Thanks for asking, pick up the torch and run with it, it's light and folks will appreciate it. Fight Fight Fight, Rah Rah Rah, and all that rot! ;/)
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Upon doing some research I found this, and the unlikely chance that this bill (mainly a 'stop the drought' bill with this bs 'kill most fish' thrown in) will ever become law (Lord willing):
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s1894

Any of you folks are still Democrats I hope you'll switch allegiance soon. Isn't enough enough yet?
Otay Michael

BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

akolarich wrote:Done :) What I am trying to understand is; how does killing millions of fish to save fish compute and make sense? Also, aren't Salmon migratory? Therefore, how does the bass population have a negative effect on the Salmon? I have fished the delta for many years and I have still yet to see a wolf pack of bass chasing down a 20# salmon. lol :lol: :shock:

Aaron-
Uummm.... you know the baby salmon must go through the gauntlet of invasive species to become 20#'ers right? Stripers will eat an unbelievable amount of salmon smolts....
Not that I am agreeing that our prized game fish are the root of all evil. I'm sure that there are other issues that have caused the demise of salmon. Rice, Almonds, Wine Grapes...
george

Post by george »

Now that you have signed it, every one of us have to get ten other people to sign it! Call your fishing buddies, brothers and sisters, moms and dads and your kids and wife. We have to get this to a thousand signatures before they are going to pay attention to it and that number can easily be reached.
Please tell the tournament director of the event you are fishing this weekend or next to let all anglers know to go to Western Bass fishing forum and sign in, you can sign in on Facebook also by going to my page.

George Azevedo
roaddog

Post by roaddog »

I'm late to the party, but DONE!!!
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

wayneg wrote:Hey Guys,

WE ONLY NEED 12 MORE TO SIGN FOR 200 TODAY! CLICK AND SIGN TO SAVE DELTA FISHING!

Please click the link below and sign up on our petition to Save The Delta. George Azevedo has created a very simple petition form for you to sign and it will go to our local legislation people and tell them........

Fish and Game biologists have found through their studies that the Striped Bass, Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass have nothing to do with the declining numbers of Salmon and Delta Smelt. They claim it is the fault of record low water flows through the delta due to diversion of nearly half the fresh water entering the delta by both the California Aqua Duct and Delta Mendota canal systems.

What is the significance of 200 signatures?
I did sign the petition the day it was first available, it now stands at 200. Considering the impact to all California and sportsman and women across the country, this is a U.S. senate bill, 200 signatures seems pathetic.
Tom

Thank You.
Wayne

PS Guys, you don't have to live in California to sign the petition!

http://email.change.org/mpss/c/7QA/SCE/ ... 7b-2BN71gk
striper-1.jpg
What is the significance of 200 signatures?
PS, you need more exposure, why hasn't WON featured a front page article?
Tom
jakespoon

Post by jakespoon »

Done!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@oldschool

Visitors to the petition may or may not sign. The 200 signatures comment was to let guys know how many people actually took the time to sign the petition.
hydro

Post by hydro »

Me Too!
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

WB Staff wrote:@oldschool

Visitors to the petition may or may not sign. The 200 signatures comment was to let guys know how many people actually took the time to sign the petition.
This weeks WON, 23,Oct 2015, no 43, NO Mention of this petition or one word about the S1894 Senate bill !!
The new goal of 500 signatures isn't going to help, you need 20,000 signatures quickly to get the US Senators attention. This is a U.S. Senate bill, Mitch McConnel can sit on it or may be attach it to something the Senate wants passed in the House. We need national voter help on defeating this bill or at a minimum good show of State wide participation.
Where is the fishing industry support on this effort?
Peace,
Tom
george

Post by george »

20,000 starts with one signature, then 100, 500 and keeps going. We are going to get a bunch more just watch! We have to just keep pushing and keeping this in everyone's daily thoughts! If you have signed it your job has just started, you need to get five friends or family to sign it also.

George
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Here is a link to the House members that voted for and against. Look it over and vote for or against. It's the only way to stop those bought and paid for politicians. Make sure and tell them their how you will vote.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll447.xml

And here is the information and status:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... -bill/2898

Next step is make sure and write/email/call your Senator. Here is a link to find yours:
http://senate.ca.gov/

Morgan
george

Post by george »

I am going to be contacting all tournament organizations in California this week asking them to add a $5 political action fee that will go to help represent the bass fishing industry as a whole in opposition of any and all legislation like these bills S1894 and HR 2898. If any of you have a direct number to the tounament director of your circuit please forward it to me via email. You can give them my contact information also!
We need everyone involved in this, I am contacting the tournament circuits in SoCal also!

George Azevedo
basavedo58@yahoo.com
209-402-2284
Facebook.com
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Signed!!!
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
george

Post by george »

Everyone who has signed needs to call five friends, family or people in general to also sign this petition. We need to get to a thousand names before we can get to five thousand and more.
The more signatures we get the better the chance of shutting this down!

George Azevedo
nevadafrank

Post by nevadafrank »

would like to know if us in Nevada could sign up as a club ( Great Basin Bassers) with all our signatures, and also encourage other clubs to do the same to show solidarity. Thanks, Frank
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

nevadafrank wrote:would like to know if us in Nevada could sign up as a club ( Great Basin Bassers) with all our signatures, and also encourage other clubs to do the same to show solidarity. Thanks, Frank
I believe anyone can sign! It's not going to hurt either way!!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Anyone can sign!
OU812

Post by OU812 »

H.R. 2898 passed the house with overwhelming republican support and overwhelming democrat opposition.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2015/roll447.xml

The Senate bill (S1894) is sponsored by Diane Feinstein and co-sponsored by Barbara Boxer, and it seeks to provide additional protection for the delta smelt among others.

Looks like delta bass are getting hit from both political parties.
:evil: :x
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The sister House bill HR 2898 passed....that is's grim. The Senate bill S 1898 will more than likely be rubber stamped and sent to the House for funding, the President for signing.
Where is the fishing industry with national support???
I tried by writing letters, posting links on several sites, lots of apathy, little support!
Tom
george

Post by george »

This is exactly what I posted some time back, these bills passed the Senate and are going to Congress to be voted on. If we all dont jump aboard this ship and start calling and getting the fishing industry as a whole to help out we are going to get screwed on this deal. I have called, emailed and text just about every fishing product manufacturer and large retail companies but all seem to be dragging their feet on helping out; they dont seem to get it that we need help and representation now before it goes to Congress.

George

The sister House bill HR 2898 passed....that is's grim. The Senate bill S 1898 will more than likely be rubber stamped and sent to the House for funding, the President for signing.
I tried by writing letters, posting links on several sites, lots of apathy, little support!
Tom
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

george wrote:This is exactly what I posted some time back, these bills passed the Senate and are going to Congress to be voted on. If we all dont jump aboard this ship and start calling and getting the fishing industry as a whole to help out we are going to get screwed on this deal. I have called, emailed and text just about every fishing product manufacturer and large retail companies but all seem to be dragging their feet on helping out; they dont seem to get it that we need help and representation now before it goes to Congress.

George

The sister House bill HR 2898 passed....that is's grim. The Senate bill S 1894 will more than likely be rubber stamped and sent to the House for funding, the President for signing.
Tom
George did you contact Western Outdoor News, B.A.S.S. Or FLW?
Tom
george

Post by george »

Ok folks, we have to get to 1000 signatures by the end of this week as I will be forwarding these to every voting member of Congress next week. Please call anyone and everyone you know, they do not have to be into fishing, they just have to want to help us out in opposition of these bills.
We need you, your family, friends, co-workers, fishing and hunting buddies; we all have to email, facebook or call anyone and everyone to get more signatures.
Show them how to get into Western Bass fishing forum and link to Change.org and sign!

Thanks,
George Azevedo
george

Post by george »

Here are the dates and times you can meet with one of our Congressman who will be voting on S1894 & HR2898, please find the time that he is in your area and go visit him to share our voice on this bad legislation. We need someone at every one of these MDO meetings to voice our concerns.

Thanks,
George Azevedo

Oct 27, 2015
Press Release

WASHINGTON — U.S. Representative Jeff Denham (R-Turlock) today announced Mobile District Office Hours for the month of November 2015. Mobile District Office Hours are an opportunity for 10th district residents to meet with the congressman and staff to hear more about his work in Washington, D.C. and the Central Valley, have their questions answered or get help with specific casework.

MDOs are hosted by staff and when possible by Rep. Denham. Staff members are available to assist 10th district residents with casework on matters including Medicare, Veteran’s Affairs, Social Security, the Internal Revenue Service and other federal legislation.

Additional information is available through Rep. Denham’s website and the schedule for the month is provided below. Regular office hours are open to the public and no appointment is necessary. Schedule is subject to change throughout the year; any alterations will be posted online. For more information, please contact Rep. Denham’s Modesto district office at (209) 579-5458.

Wednesday, November 4 and November 18 – Tracy
1-2 p.m.
Tracy City Hall
333 Civic Center Plaza, Rm 216, Tracy, CA 95376

Friday, November 6 and November 20 – Manteca
10-11 a.m.
Manteca Chamber of Commerce
183 W. North Street #6, Manteca, CA 95336
*Held in conjunction with Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen’s office.

Friday, November 6 – Waterford
2-3 p.m.
City of Waterford
101 E Street, Waterford, CA 95386
*Held in conjunction with Senator Tom Berryhill and Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen’s offices.

Friday, November 6 – Oakdale
3:30-4:30 p.m.
State Senator Tom Berryhill's Office
102 Grove Avenue, Suite B, Oakdale, CA 95361
*Held in conjunction with Senator Tom Berryhill and Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen’s offices.

Tuesday, November 10 – Escalon
10-11 a.m.
Escalon City Hall
2060 McHenry Avenue, Escalon, CA 95320
*Held in conjunction with Senator Cathleen Galgiani and Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen’s offices.

Thursday, November 12 – Hughson
11-12 p.m.
City of Hughson
7018 Pine Street, Hughson, CA 95326

Thursday, November 12 – Modesto
2-3 p.m.
Housing Authority of Stanislaus County
1701 Robertson Road, Modesto, CA 95351

Friday, November 13 – Patterson
10:30 –11:30 a.m.
City of Patterson
1 Plaza, Patterson, CA 95363
*Held in conjunction with Senator Anthony Cannella and Assemblyman Adam Gray’s offices.

Friday, November 13 – Newman
9-10 a.m.
City of Newman
938 Fresno Street, Newman, CA 95360
*Held in conjunction with Senator Anthony Cannella and Assemblyman Adam Gray’s offices.

Thursday, November 19 – Riverbank
4-5 p.m.
Riverbank City Hall
6707 3rd Street, Riverbank, CA 95367
*Held in conjunction with Senator Cathleen Galgiani and Assemblywoman Kristin Olsen’s offices.

Friday, November 20 – Ceres
1-2 p.m.
State Senator Anthony Cannella’s Office
2561 Third Street, Suite A, Ceres, CA 95307