Ramp Conditions

Morgan

Ramp Conditions

Post by Morgan »

I don't get something: Mcclure sells all their water so we can't launch, Melones sells until you have to have a 4 wheel drive to launch. Don Pedro has finally done some improvements. When these dams were proposed, the public was sold on the idea of 'use' of those reservoirs would be a benefit to allow these to be built. Why can't they use some of the huge amounts of money they are making to improve the ramps and docks when the water got so low. We know this will be an on-going issue cause water makes so much money.
mark poulson

Re: Ramp Conditions

Post by mark poulson »

That makes sense to me, especially since the State now has the money.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the reservoirs in California, and the dams that created them, are under Federal (either Bureau of Reclamation or Corps of Engineers) control. Likewise for most of the facilities, i.e. docks, ramps, etc. Even if those facilities are operated by concessionaires, the Feds still control what goes on with them. And we all know how hard it is to get anything when we try to shake the Fed's "money tree"
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Stratos278 wrote:Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the reservoirs in California, and the dams that created them, are under Federal (either Bureau of Reclamation or Corps of Engineers) control. Likewise for most of the facilities, i.e. docks, ramps, etc. Even if those facilities are operated by concessionaires, the Feds still control what goes on with them. And we all know how hard it is to get anything when we try to shake the Fed's "money tree"
The infrastructure (our canal, reservoir and delivery systems) constructed for the federal Central Valley Project and the State Water Project were pushed for by the ag industry with the promise they would pay a large portion of the costs. To date, they've pretty much reneged on millions still owed for the SWP/CVP, leaving tax payers on the hook. Recreation was a 2nd thought for reservoir portion of the water projects. Gee, thanks, Big Ag!
The Jerk 936

Post by The Jerk 936 »

At least your lakes allow you to 4x4 up in there.... At my local lake, folsom, we are not allowed to even attempt to launch. Lake is five minutes from driveway, and now I drive 1.5 hours minimum to any other resiviors or delta.... Be thankful the Feds aren't saying no launching like this state operated feascal up here. Oh and they sold annual boat passes this year knowing waaaaaay back in January that the lake would be at record lows and unusable before the end of summer... At 300$ each.
- Steve
Marine Service Center - http://www.marineservicepro.com
Mercury Pro Team - http://www.mercurymarine.com
River2Sea - http://www.river2seausa.com
Trigger Happy Comfort Grips - http://www.triggerhappycomfortgrips.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The Jerk 936 wrote:At least your lakes allow you to 4x4 up in there.... At my local lake, folsom, we are not allowed to even attempt to launch. Lake is five minutes from driveway, and now I drive 1.5 hours minimum to any other resiviors or delta.... Be thankful the Feds aren't saying no launching like this state operated feascal up here. Oh and they sold annual boat passes this year knowing waaaaaay back in January that the lake would be at record lows and unusable before the end of summer... At 300$ each.
That sucks! I hope a bunch of you annual pass owners get together and raise hell!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Greed is the answer. These nut farms are making millions of dollars while everyone and everything else suffers at their expense. It seems like these irrigation agencies have total control of the water in our reservoirs. So much control that they have the gall to threaten to drain reservoirs even if it means some local communities will run dry of drinking water.
If the farmers can't get enough water from the lakes then they have 300' wells dug with massive pumps to suck the water table dry while homeowners with shallower wells go dry. The homeowner then has to pay anywhere from $10K-$30K to have a new well dug.
Nothing is going to change with these idiots in charge unless its a change for the worse. Both political parties are to blame so we have no hope. The only way out of this mess is if Mother Nature blesses us with lots of rain and snow.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

The Jerk 936 wrote:At least your lakes allow you to 4x4 up in there.... At my local lake, folsom, we are not allowed to even attempt to launch. Lake is five minutes from driveway, and now I drive 1.5 hours minimum to any other resiviors or delta.... Be thankful the Feds aren't saying no launching like this state operated feascal up here. Oh and they sold annual boat passes this year knowing waaaaaay back in January that the lake would be at record lows and unusable before the end of summer... At 300$ each.
I worked at Browns Ravine for over 10 years at the gate ,and seen what 4x4 drivers can do to the shore line. It only takes a few to screw it up for everyone else, it wasn't the fisherman that caused this to happen its the wantabe 4 wheelers that go in a tear up the shore line, that is the reason for the new law. As for the yearly pass that is good in any state park .Not just Folsom Lake. Yearly boat and car passes are $225.00 per year. not $300.00
Ray Vanacore