Best Yamaha mechanic???

bmshepherd

Best Yamaha mechanic???

Post by bmshepherd »

I recently lost compression in the #1 cyl. on my '07 hpdi vmax. I'm wanting to gather a few opinions on re-build options as far as cost, powerhead vs cylinder sleeve, and most of all, some names of highly recommended Yamaha mechanics in CA. I'm open and appreciative of any feedback. Thanks, Brad
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
philip garcia

Re: Best Yamaha mechanic???

Post by philip garcia »

Lyle Gossett 209-570-6634 I have a 05 225 hpdi with 2 bad cylinders. He was able to put two new pistons and rings in just those two cylinders and I have been running for over a year with no problems only cost me $1,600. If your engine is not seized he might be able to just fix that one cylinder for you for way less money. His shop is up and Clearlake.
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

Theres a guy who worked at Johns Custom Marine in Stanton,Ca he worked with Al Stoker. Ask almost anyone about Al Stoker, one of the greatest outboard mechanics ever. John's Custom Marine is now PFAFF engines but I believe they still work on outboards and I think that Yamaha Mechanic is still there too. (714) 827-7920
gigotem

Post by gigotem »

Bucks outboards marine sacramento,ca.
bmshepherd

Post by bmshepherd »

Great info. Thanks for the help!
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
Chiefthroahudd

Post by Chiefthroahudd »

X2 Lyle
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Give Wright Motors Marine in Lodi a call. Richard will fix you up right. Specializes in Yamaha and Evinrude. Great guy, knows his stuff, reasonably priced, and his customer service is awesome. (209)333-7855.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Buck's does not do cylinder/piston rebuild, but they will do new powerhead.