I'm getting smarter (older?)

mark poulson

I'm getting smarter (older?)

Post by mark poulson »

I am going fishing today, but I'm waiting until it warms into the 40's. It's still 35 outside, and I'm allergic to temps in the 30's.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
toddmc

Re: I'm getting smarter (older?)

Post by toddmc »

It's called wisdom. The bite is usually better during the afternoon in the colder months anyway.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

toddmc wrote:It's called wisdom. The bite is usually better during the afternoon in the colder months anyway.
Exactly!
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

60s here and low 80s during the day. Fishing is rough. Been throwing buzz baits all day long. :D
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Rod Martin wrote:60s here and low 80s during the day. Fishing is rough. Been throwing buzz baits all day long. :D
Distance between Stockton and Oakley is about 30 miles....30 degree temp difference...someone ain't telling the truth!
Tom
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Tom

I'm in Holiday Fl. I spend half my time in Stockton and the other half on a small 166 acre lake in Fl.
15' to the dock from the back door. and 10min from dock to the best top water spot on the lake :D

Its rough but someone has to do it :shock:
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

That is about the size of Casitas today, about a mile to the launch ramp now closed due to low water level.
Watch out for those gators.
Very jealous!
Tom
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I just got back from fishing shasta for 4 days. It was 27 degrees at the launch ramp on Sunday. HOLLY CRAP IT WAS COLD. I am not used to that kind of weather
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Tom

I'm in Holiday Fl. I spend half my time in Stockton and the other half on a small 166 acre lake in Fl.
15' to the dock from the back door. and 10min from dock to the best top water spot on the lake :D

Its rough but someone has to do it :shock:
I'm working really hard not to hate you right about now! Hahaha
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Oldschool wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:60s here and low 80s during the day. Fishing is rough. Been throwing buzz baits all day long. :D
Distance between Stockton and Oakley is about 30 miles....30 degree temp difference...someone ain't telling the truth!
Tom
A fisherman lie? Surely not!
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Well was out today, biggest was 4.6 top water bite was off, but spinner bait bite picked up. I gotta start wearing sun gear. I always fish in short sleeves and ended getting sun burnt. Dang I hate when that happens. Hope it cools off a little fish seem to be in pre-spawn mode should see beds soon. Hope you guys are having good fishing too.
I need to learn to skip, Kid on the lake , kicks my butt skipping under docks. Never had to do it in Calif.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

It's getting REALLY hard not to hate you right now.
It's 40 degrees, and there's rain coming this morning here, and then it'll drop back down into the low 30's overnight again.
Have fun in the sun back there, and you'll pick up skipping quickly. Just think of skipping a rock, but don't let go of your rod, Rod! Hahaha
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Dropped down into the 50s this morning. Seemed to turn the fish on. Best was around 4 , had 17 fish and home with coffee by 11:30, started at 7. Fish were on spinner baits and cranks running 2 to 3 ft deep
Only bad part , fish were in the small lake. Had to take the boat thru a tunnel under the road to get to it
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Dropped down into the 50s this morning. Seemed to turn the fish on. Best was around 4 , had 17 fish and home with coffee by 11:30, started at 7. Fish were on spinner baits and cranks running 2 to 3 ft deep
Only bad part , fish were in the small lake. Had to take the boat thru a tunnel under the road to get to it
My heart breaks for your inconvenience! Hahaha
CLEAN AND DRY