Hows Coyote Looking?

Casey

Hows Coyote Looking?

Post by Casey »

Any one fished Coyote in the last week...was wondeing if its' still all muddy or is it starting to clear? Was thinking of heading out there today after work.

Thanks in advance
Casey
Steve Ericksen

Re: Hows Coyote Looking?

Post by Steve Ericksen »

I was there a few days ago, its clearing up but still muddy for the most part & filled all the way to the top.
www.PatTillmanFoundation.com
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Where exactly is this lake? I've seen signs for a Coyote Lake on my way to San Jose from Monterey. Is this the same thing? It didn't look very big from what I could see.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Coyote is located in the Gilroy foothills. From San Jose, go South on 101 to Leavesley road and go east. Turn left on New road. Go approximately 1 mile and turn right on Roop road. Drive up into the hill s and look for the entrance sign to Coyote (it will be on your left).
Casey

Post by Casey »

rmcollins...are you from Monterey? If you are it's a wonder you haven't heard of Coyote. It's a great little lake when the water clears up.
NaCl

Ugly....coyote ugly! HAR!*NM*

Post by NaCl »

*NM*
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Casey wrote:rmcollins...are you from Monterey? If you are it's a wonder you haven't heard of Coyote. It's a great little lake when the water clears up.
Yeah, I do most of my fishing at Nacimiento, but it would be nice to have some place that's not two hours away!

Can you see it from 101? Are boats allowed??
mjr

Post by mjr »

boats are allowed. you canot see it from 101, its probably about 10-15minutes from the highway. try the link below.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/coyotelake.html
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Boats are allowed and you cannot see Coyote from 101

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Casey

Post by Casey »

rmcollins.....as the two other posts said, no you can not see it from the highway. It's about 5-10 mins off 101 and yes you can have boats, no horsepower retrictions, and no this is not a 15 mph lake (as is Los Banos). I"m heading out there today about 3:00 if you want to join me.

Casey
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Casey wrote:rmcollins.....as the two other posts said, no you can not see it from the highway. It's about 5-10 mins off 101 and yes you can have boats, no horsepower retrictions, and no this is not a 15 mph lake (as is Los Banos). I"m heading out there today about 3:00 if you want to join me.

Casey
Thanks for the invite. I would, but I have physical therapy this afternoon (tore my ACL a while back). Maybe tomorrow?