fish weighing scales

John Garcia

fish weighing scales

Post by John Garcia »

Looking to replace/upgrade my fish weighing scale for upcoming tournament season.

Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Currently have a Berkley digital scale about 8 years old. Not very accurate but have gotten used to its imperfections.

Thank you.
Vernonn

Re: fish weighing scales

Post by Vernonn »

Check out the one they use on Major League Fishing by Brecknell. The model is called ElectroSamson. It seems to be able to repeat weights fairly accurately. It does not have a memory for 5 fish, so you would need to keep track of weights by other means like "Accu-Cull Weight Recorder".

My only problem with it is the size. It's pretty big. Other than that, it's very accurate. I put a fish grip on mine so I don't need to use the hook. Very handy.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Accu-Cull system is a highly accurate scale. I like the whole system. And its in a compact size.
John Garcia

Post by John Garcia »

I will definitely look at both scales suggested.

Any thoughts about the Rapala digital touch screen scale? Read some reviews about it and they seemed positive overall, and the multiple saves makes it ideal for culling. The Brecknell and Accu-Cull scales don't do this to my knowledge.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Accu has a seperate board that mounts in the livewell lid. I like it but thats your choice. A friend has the Rapala scale system (which I haven't played with) he likes it but I do know it hasn't been used in a tournament setting yet so jury is still out. That said I do trust his opinion so I'm sure its good.