looking for a great price on trolling and starting batteries

W.C

looking for a great price on trolling and starting batteries

Post by W.C »

I need a great deal on some Batteries for my boat. I need the staring battery to have at least 1000 cold cranking and one trolling motor battery. Can anyone point me where I can get a great deal ??? As always, money is tight but I need those batteries would like the best for the price. Please let me know is you have any info.
209-597-9307 my name is Will
Thanks
Whoopbass

Re: looking for a great price on trolling and starting batteries

Post by Whoopbass »

I need a deal as well. I need to buy 6 group 31 deep cycle batteries. I doubt anyone is going to get a deal unless you know the right people and I do not.
Most of these batteries are about the same unless you get something really expensive and then I don't even know if its worth the cost.
So far the best deal for a solid battery I can find at the moment for group 31's was at Batteries & Bulbs. With the 10% off deal online you can get them for $108 each. You can also just go to the store and ask for the discount and they will give you it that way. They are the Duracell branded batteries made by East Penn. Modesto Battery wanted $140 each for them. They look heavier duty then the Everstarts. With the discount I think group 27 will be $90 each.

You might be able to beat that price at Costco or Sam's Club by a few bucks. All deep cycle batteries come with a 1 year warranty (at least the cheapies). At least I can't find one with more then a year warranty like they used to have.

The cost of batteries are a rip off. Since 90% of everything is recycled I don't see where they justify the price. I bet they don't have $10 total wrapped up in making a new battery.

If you find a deal let me know
Rick K of Ca

Post by Rick K of Ca »

Hi WC
I just received a new Optima deep cycle starting battery from jet.com.
I paid $164 as a first time customer with free shipping for the largest
battery Optima makes. I received a battery in five days after I ordered it.
Rick Kendrick
steve0806

Post by steve0806 »

Rick K of Ca wrote:Hi WC
I just received a new Optima deep cycle starting battery from jet.com.
I paid $164 as a first time customer with free shipping for the largest
battery Optima makes. I received a battery in five days after I ordered it.
Rick Kendrick
What was the manufactured date on that battery?
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

DEKA makes the Intimidator series AGM which is great for the big motors as well as the TM. We have an East Penn warehouse here. They make BPS and DEKA batteries. They keep a pallet of 31 blems and sell them for $100 each. The only difference is they don't have grab handles or a lead post. Just the threaded posts. Heck of a battery and that is cheap.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

I bought group 29's at walmart last week for $85 each. Everstarts, no warranty. It was through the website and pickup in store as they were not on the floor. Check it out. Atwater store.
Last edited by jaime7819 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briansII

Post by briansII »

W.C wrote:I need a great deal on some Batteries for my boat. I need the staring battery to have at least 1000 cold cranking and one trolling motor battery. Can anyone point me where I can get a great deal ??? As always, money is tight but I need those batteries would like the best for the price. Please let me know is you have any info.
209-597-9307 my name is Will
Thanks
The sticking point in what you need is finding an inexpensive, group 31, that has 1000 cold cranking amps. That spec is typically reserved for the more expensive AGM batteries. The cheaper Batteries Plus group 31 only has 800 CCA. Stepping it up to their X2 Power AGM you get 1150 CCA, but you also have to pay over three times as much($379.) From my shopping for new batteries, I found that to be common. The higher the CCA and reserve power, the more $$. You are typically looking for an AGM, and not the cheaper "wet cell" batteries. Many group 31 AGMs don't have 1000 CCA. Sorry. Wish I had better news. I'm looking at buying a couple AGMs later this year.

briansII
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Battery Systems in West Sacramento has always had the best prices in the Sacramento area whenever I've needed starting or deep cycle batteries. Check out the price and specs on the totally sealed Centennial batteries that they carry.
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Will, sounds wierd however check out Caterpillar batteries. You can get the starting battery # 175-4390 for around $135; 1000 CCA and the TM battery $128, group 31 #175-4370. There in Stockton on West Charter way. Hard to beat the price on the 1000 cca battery. Hope this info helps.