Delta - 2/20/16

ElGuapo

Delta - 2/20/16

Post by ElGuapo »

Launched at 8:15 out of Russo's, water was 52 degrees. Got four bites shallow around harder tule clumps but couldn't get 'em to the boat (Ratl Trap & Jig). Switched to a Senko around noon and started getting bites (video below). Switched to drop shot and got even more bites including a 4 lber. that didn't make it onto the GoPro. Caught nine for the day of which 7 would have kept. Water was just over 56 degrees when I left at 3:30. Yet another great day on my beautiful Delta.

Anyone else got a report from yesterday? Just curious to see if there's something I'm missing, e.g., fishing too shallow, targeting wrong structure/cover?

mark poulson

Re: Delta - 2/20/16

Post by mark poulson »

Nice!
Is the water still muddy?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

mark poulson wrote:Nice!
Is the water still muddy?
Thanks Mark!

I would say "very stained" but not chocolate soup. 1-2' visibility is what I saw and I stayed inside flooded islands.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thank you. I'm unable to fish for another week, so I'm going stir crazy!
CLEAN AND DRY
stubbs

Post by stubbs »

Not recent but fished around Disco Bay last weekend...Sounds pretty similar in what I was getting, most productive for me was drop shotting the deeper areas on docks. Water was same in terms of visibility, heavily stained
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

stubbs wrote:Not recent but fished around Disco Bay last weekend...Sounds pretty similar in what I was getting, most productive for me was drop shotting the deeper areas on docks. Water was same in terms of visibility, heavily stained
Thanks for the update.
CLEAN AND DRY
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

I fished around Disco on the 24th. The water clarity was very stained. I boated 3, lost 1, missed 1. All my fish came on a square bill. The bites were reaction bites after clicking the bait off of the rocks.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....