looking for good fishing line

lfg

looking for good fishing line

Post by lfg »

Ok so i did it again. fell for the manufacturers hype, the pros sponsored product hype, the videos showing the product working hype and on and on and on. Is there a fishing line out there that does what they say it will do? cost is not a factor I just need a line that is truly tough, sensitive, and will not hold memory after being on the reel for two days. I dont care if its braid, mono, floro whatever! I'm looking for a line that does what is says its going to do. Thanks for your help
Freefall

Re: looking for good fishing line

Post by Freefall »

Sunline sniper & power pro / pp slick 8 are my choices.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Picking the right fishing line that fits technique is a big deal. You'll find that most line companies have multiple lines under their brand. I fish a lot of P-Line but no one line in their brand can cover all my techniques. A really good abrasion resistant line will tend to be stiffer and have more memory too. This same line will be a problem on spinning reels in larger sizes. To answer this well would take a full blown article with differences between mono, Fluorocarbon, and braided lines. Also, there's lots of difference in braids as well, but none of these have memory and will work on spinning well. Another little tip is leader material or Floro makes a stronger connection when tying braid and leader combos. I use a lot of Fluorocarbon and CXX for most of my fishing. CXX does have a lot of memory but it's awesome line and I use it a lot!! You can stretch it a little and it will straighten for another day's fishing. I hope I didn't create more questions than answers here for you.
Firetiger

Post by Firetiger »

I am an intermediate level bass fisherman and on the mono side of things, I ended loving Stren Magnathin. I've been fishing with it almost every weekend and it has yet to let me down. Thinner diameter than normal mono since the "Magnathin" branding, and holds up really well - thinner diameter equals more line on the spool. Of course, I change my line out after every season as any good angler would do so I cannot attest to the life of the line outside of 1 year.

For braid, I switch back and forth between Power Pro and Sufix 832. Sufix is more durable. Power Pro casts better, but I have had breakage and severe chafing with Power Pro.
reddog

Post by reddog »

Sunline. Enough said. There are absolutely other great lines out there but I haven't found another line that I liked from top to bottom. I fish SX1 on my spinning rods with a leader and FX2 on my baitcasters with and without leader pending technique. Cranking I use the reaction model which is a flouro with built in stretch and its awesome. FC Sniper for all my leaders is the way I go and I have caught plenty of big ones on the 6# to tell you its strong. The choice is up to you but thats my 2.c.
phatbass

Post by phatbass »

This February I spooled up my jig rod with seagar's new flippin fluorocarbon in 20# test. I fished it on 4 different trips ons boated a lot of good fish without any problems whatsoever. Super strong stuff. I was even bending hooks pulling my jigs out of snags.
Attachments
image.jpeg