No left turn signal/brake light on trailer

Kentuck

No left turn signal/brake light on trailer

Post by Kentuck »

I do not have a left turn signal/brake light on my rangertrail trailer. All other lights work. I moved the left side wires to the right side and the left turn/brake lights work on the trailer, so the trailer wires are good.
It appears I am not getting a signal to the trailer. I put a new trailer plug on the trailer side and replaced the peice on the plug mount and still no signal.
I have an 05 Chevy 2500. I looked and didn't see a fuse for trailer turn/brakes.
Do you all think I need to out a new plug on the wiring harness on the truck?
Whoopbass

Re: No left turn signal/brake light on trailer

Post by Whoopbass »

If you have a dremel tool you can use one of the small brush type attachments and get inside the plug on the truck and clean them out.

I would start with a test light and see if anything lights up when you have the left blinker on.

If your Chevy is like my Toyota then you have one of those converter boxes on your wiring harness. Seems like they end up going haywire every couple years and need replaced.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I had a similar problem , went through all the connections from trailer up thru to the wire harness.
It ended up being a fuse that Toyota wires right next to the battery ( 2001 Tundra , V8) .
It appeared that a "chaffed" wire at the harness blew that fuse . Total pain to find both.
Tight lines,
Robb
norcalracer

Post by norcalracer »

you 100% have a fuse for the trailer lights turn/stops under the hood! Get you book/manual out it will tell you which one it is start there!
DaLa

Post by DaLa »

if all other lights are working you most likely have a burnt bulb or bad LED.

Dave.
sdisturber

Post by sdisturber »

Under hood drivers side fuse box labeled in the lid trailer plug fuses also might be a small panel drivers door open left side of dashboard the vertical part of dash the door has to be open to see it if it's there. There is also a backup fuse under hood for trailer plug if you have ever tried to back a trailer with brakes and it won't back up. Check trailer backup light fuse
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

One of my work trucks is an 08 Chevy 3500
Been down that road with the trailer lights. frustrating ....ended up the fuse under the hood, drivers side black fuse box.
Norcalracer is dead on !
whazup

Post by whazup »

Check your grounds.........
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

Thanks all. Found the right fuse box and yes the left turn/brake was blown.
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

If you popped a fuse, it might be indication of a shorted wire. Check all the rub spots on the wires or you may continue to pop fuses. Good luck.
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

[youtube][/youtube]
Vernonn wrote:If you popped a fuse, it might be indication of a shorted wire. Check all the rub spots on the wires or you may continue to pop fuses. Good luck.
I was thinking this. Plus. This truck has three fuse boxes. Jeeez.