iRod punching rod feedback

Freefall

iRod punching rod feedback

Post by Freefall »

I'm looking into getting a new punch rod. I've been eyeing the Powell Max3d & the iRod punch rod but I'm not sure which one to go with.

I own several Powells and I love them so I am optimistic that I'd like there rod. That said I know Bub put in a lot of work to design that rod specifically for punching so I would guess it would be equally as good.

My price range is about $150.

I'd appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
mark poulson

Re: iRod punching rod feedback

Post by mark poulson »

I have many Powell Rods, and also the Irod Bub Tosh punching rod. You can't go wrong with it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

mark poulson wrote:I have many Powell Rods, and also the Irod Bub Tosh punching rod. You can't go wrong with it.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

I love my Powells but with his experience I would imagine that iRod would be squared away.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
DDG

Post by DDG »

I use the IRG775 Andy Morgan 7'7 heavy action flipping stick for punching just another option if you're looking into something shorter then 7'11. Im a small guy so i like my rods a lil shorter.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I love to punch and I use nothing but Bubs Punch Rod. By far theeee best punch Rod on the market. You have probably the best punching stick in Bub Tosh developing it and that dude put his best into that Rod. Not only that but you get lifetime warranty with irod and when you call irod you talk to Matt Newman directory, not no operator. They are top notch service and their whole line of rods is bar none the best. Go get yourself a Irod punch Rod and you will be happy.
brian c

Post by brian c »

I punch about 80% of the day, and that punch rod is awesome. Sensitive, light, and powerful. Works for me. Prolly can't go wrong with any of em. Oh, and that punch rod looks good too.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Roscoe wrote:I love to punch and I use nothing but Bubs Punch Rod. By far theeee best punch Rod on the market. You have probably the best punching stick in Bub Tosh developing it and that dude put his best into that Rod. Not only that but you get lifetime warranty with irod and when you call irod you talk to Matt Newman directory, not no operator. They are top notch service and their whole line of rods is bar none the best. Go get yourself a Irod punch Rod and you will be happy.
Matt answers all his emails himself. He and Gary Dobyns really stand behind their products!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
W.C

Post by W.C »

I totally agree with Roscoe, I have 2 bub tosh punch rods and I'm thinking of getting 2 more :D :lol: .i use them all the time and have stuck a lot of big fish on them, I don't think u can find a better rod for the price. Good luck with whatever u get.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Hard not to pick the Tosh now. Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.