Motorguide / Lowrance compatibility Question

Moderator: Ken Sauret

shotguns

Motorguide / Lowrance compatibility Question

Post by shotguns »

I just got a Motorguide X5 with sonar .... I would also like to buy a Lowrance Hook 5X or Elite 5X Chirp for the bow of my boat .... are either of these compatible with each other as far as them connecting together wiring wise ?
Thanks Doug :D
Edd

Re: Motorguide / Lowrance compatibility Question

Post by Edd »

The HOOK or Elite CHIRP will not connect to the Xi5. You will need HDS Gen3/2 for that.
briansII

Post by briansII »

shotguns wrote:I just got a Motorguide X5 with sonar .... I would also like to buy a Lowrance Hook 5X or Elite 5X Chirp for the bow of my boat .... are either of these compatible with each other as far as them connecting together wiring wise ?
You might need a adapter to connect the built in transducer, but it should work ok. Just an FYI. I do not know what type of transducer is in the X5, but if it's not the same quality that comes with the CHIRP units, you can expect a lesser quality image.

briansII
Edd

Post by Edd »

briansII wrote:
shotguns wrote:I just got a Motorguide X5 with sonar .... I would also like to buy a Lowrance Hook 5X or Elite 5X Chirp for the bow of my boat .... are either of these compatible with each other as far as them connecting together wiring wise ?
You might need a adapter to connect the built in transducer, but it should work ok. Just an FYI. I do not know what type of transducer is in the X5, but if it's not the same quality that comes with the CHIRP units, you can expect a lesser quality image.

briansII
Boy do I feel dumb! I never thought transducer, just SmartSteer. Sorry again.