Stolen Tackle!!!

ketchenbass321

Stolen Tackle!!!

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Please keep a lookout for stolen tackle. Appx 8:30am this morning, I caught a couple breaking into my boat storage unit in Stockton. They got in from an adjacent unit through the side walls on top. ALL the units have about a 1.5-2ft clearance near the top where a skinny person could easy slide across. You might want to check your facility if you have yours in storage. I think this is a flaw in the units. Just a FYI.

Stolen items include: GLoomis 953FPR GLX 7'11" med-hvy fast baitcast rod paired with a Revo Rocket, MegaBass Super Destruction spiraling guides baitcast rod paired with a Daiwa Luna 253, Evergreen Kaleido baitcasting rods (3 qty), Megabass Destroyer baitcasting rods, Daiwa Steez spinning reel, Megabass baitcast reels, Daiwa Sol baitcast reels, Sage fly 9wt fly rod with GLoomis reel, box of crank baits, box of tungsten weights, Humminbird 1198cSi, Humminbird 998cSi, Cul-m-Rite scale, etc. These are just some of the things.

Estimated $6-7K in stolen items.

Please keep a lookout in sites or flea markets. My name is Mike. I can be reached at 415-519-6972 if you see anything suspicious.
striper beater

Re: Stolen Tackle!!!

Post by striper beater »

I'm sorry these pot head loosers stole your stuff.
Definitely keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
You should check craigslist and e bay and see if you recognize anything. That's how I got some hunting bows back when they broke into my place.
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

Most likely meth heads! Not pot heads. Sorry to hear about your lost. I'll keep my eyes peeled!!
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Here's the kicker if you guys can believe it!

When I got to my unit, I could hear them inside. I opened up, the male had already slid across along with the female. All I saw was some white socks. Then I noticed one of my spinning rods going across too. I backed out, got in my car and called the police. They got there within a couple minutes with the K-9 along with 10 other cop cars. The dog sniffed out the lady, but the guy remained hidden somewhere. They searched and searched (only 1 large unit and a couple small units). Gave up after not finding him. I asked why they won't search until they found him. Says too many units to look through. He was somewhere in the facility. Unbelievable!

Well, guess what? They let the lady go too! Says seeing her feet going back into her own unit from mine is NOT enough evidence that she was stealing from my unit! Wow! Even with my rod half in her unit! What about all the missing stuff from my unit? Her male friend had it stashed somewhere, but they won't look any more. We looked in their small 5X5 unit. Nothing. Just evidence that they've have been living in there. It was filthy!

YES, she walked and so did he (still in hiding at the facility because surveillance hasn't shown that he has left the property). They did a minor search of their vehicle, told her to pack her stuff and she was on her way. My $6-7K of missing stuff??? Police said to just fill out a form of all the missing stuff and send it in. That was it! In other words, we won't do any more for you today. We can only list the lady as a suspect and send it down to the DA's office and that's it.

So this is how the law protects the criminals and screws the hard working people. You can thank PROP 47 too!
stubbs

Post by stubbs »

Man that sucks I'd be even more pissed off. I guess no option for them to get some finger prints off your stuff and see if they match up? Will keep an eye out if I see anything, I'd also keep an eye out at pawn shops as well
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

That sucks! Thieves are the worst, and should be put under the jail.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

sorry to hear about your gear . Totally sucks that we have to put up with people like this and it sucks even more that we let the "system" become so pathetic that police and the criminal system practically rewards these azz#oles .
Now we all know why a guy like Donald Trump has become so popular --- . I am so sick and tired about all levels of politicians and government that DO NOTHING for the working man .
Hope you get some of your stuff back .
tight lines ,
Robb
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

And if you kicked their butt you would go to jail. :x I blame the liberal politicians.
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Thanks guys!

It sucks, but life goes on. I took everything back to my house except for my boat. Switched to a different unit in the facility closer to guys who collect cars. lol It's the same unit as the one before, but I added barbed wire to the spacing.

Found out a lot about how to insure your tackle (personal items). I'm talking about things that are not "fixed" to your boat like the motor and graphs. Everything else has to be under your home owners and it can be a pain.

We all try to be careful, but never would I have thought this would happen at a storage facility that "seemed" secure.

As for the criminals, what can we do? Seems like they WIN most of the time. Oh well!

Thanks for looking out for another fellow angler! Much appreciated! Tight lines!
striper beater

Post by striper beater »

That's why California should be like Texas... Shoot those loser *** holes that break into your stuff and be covered by the law. Put away all those drug attics !!!
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Funny that you say that Striper Beater! Guy who followed me in the facility that day had a 45. I asked him to watch my unit as I called the police and ran to get the manager. All I remember him saying while holding his 45 was, "You wanna go kick their @$$? LOL
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

This is a picture of my Super Destruction Orochi swimbait rod by Megabass. Not too many people use this so its a flag if you see one pop up in the valley or Bay Area.
Attachments
image.jpg
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

This is how they stole my stuff. They squeezed in between. See where the rod is? If you push the white padding, you can pull yourself through.
Attachments
image.jpg