Does anyone know why

sdisturber

Does anyone know why

Post by sdisturber »

The last 3 nights they have let water out of lake oroville in the middle of the night. This according to the hourly water level page on the states water level website. do they need to make electricity at 3 am?
Larry Hemphill

Re: Does anyone know why

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Don't know about the middle of the night, but I know the very early morning releases of cold water were common in the summer/fall to help keep the trout and salmon/steelhead populations in good health. This was many year ago. Don't know if that was the only reason. I really don't know anything about what is happening these days.
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

Just read that they are doing it to keep the level down in case of another Storm they will reevaluate everything on April 1st if the lake fills and we get another Storm 100% will have to go in the river
bassinbillmc

Post by bassinbillmc »

Now that is not right at all!!! Letting water out when we should be saving it is shameful. However, I know they have to do that for safety, and hydroelectric power generation. Instead of building Jerry Brown's boondoggle High Speed Rail system (estimated at 65 Billion$$$, it will be a lot higher than that for sure), we should be building more dams to improve our water storage. Between him and Di Fi, they're wasting our money and could potentially destroy the Delta.

Bill
briansII

Post by briansII »