Mark Lassagne - Re: Rock Throwers & Harrassers

Smile_n_Jax

Re: Mark Lassagne - Re: Rock Throwers & Harrassers

Post by Smile_n_Jax »

Brian, Ken and Dave. Thanx for clearing that up for me. I was fully aware of the constitutional rights involved. I just hadn't taken it the step further to consider the ramifications of what would/could happen if this particular incident is allowed to progress to the point where it may impact us in other areas. I have to agree with Dave in where I don't think confrontation is the way to deal with this. This guy has been told/warned before, but still persists. Seems he's like the old farm mule. Only way to change his attitude is with a well placed 2X4 right between the eyes.:D But then, that could be considered confrontation. Almost seems to be a no win situation, unless anyone who wants to fish there takes a sheriff with them.
Jax Keilman
"I may be crazy, but it's kept me from going insane" - Waylon Jennings
'89 Stratos 269V, 90HP Yamaha. Small, but I love it.
twister

Post by twister »

I personally don't understand what harm it does to fish a dock. Just be careful and try not to bump into anything. It just comes down to property owners thinking they own the water around their dock. If this is a common belief then how much of a radius do they think its theirs? If Cooch's boat garage is open, can I legally pitch my senko into it (we all know that's were he raises those 8 lb'ers)? Oh what about those dock owners who restrict accese using a rope. That is just not right. Why not put a gate at the entrance of Cruiser Haven or that big yaht club by Dissapointment Sl? Lighten up property owners. I don't own the curb-side in front of my house and you don't own the water around your dock.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Andy,

The "...property owner" comment was in reference to those bass fisherman that I see bumping in to boats, getting out on docks, skipping 1oz jigs off boats, hooking tie off ropes, tresspassing on the dock to go up on land and poop in the bushes, etc... Not every bass boat that fishes a dock is just floating there. I watch people get behind a dock and can't back out with out playing bumper boats. That's where I can side with their frustration. Granted, a lot of boats are POS, but some are very high $$ rigs.

I too have been yelled at and harrassed, mostly in Disco Bay. Also, if you decide to night fish in Disco, be prepared to visit with the Sheriff. Some people get nervous when you are around their dock at 1am. BTW...Sheriff had no problem, just wanted to make sure we weren't ripping off stuff.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

I know this is an old thread, but i just wanted to chime in that my 12 year old son and i went into hidden harbor to fish and were harassed with profanity until we left out of there. Obviously this issue has not been resolved. From what I have heard this is still an ongoing issue.
sy

Post by sy »

Is this out of Steamboat Slough?
CoastieWess

Post by CoastieWess »

sy wrote:Is this out of Steamboat Slough?
Sure is.
sy

Post by sy »

I know its open to the public but just don't want to deal with them, I see they installed a barrier for the floating weed problems. I usually stay just outside of it and make long cast to the side docks and boats.