2016 C.O.Pro-Teen Classic Teen field is FULL! Boaters needed!

Cooch

2016 C.O.Pro-Teen Classic Teen field is FULL! Boaters needed!

Post by Cooch »

Due to the number of Boater's we have currently registered for this years event, we've locked the participants in at the 60 entrant field. We're reaching out as we now only have 23 boaters(2 have pulled out today) registered for this year's event. The event is coming up next weekend Sunday July 17th. We gotta pound the pavement and wires ta get some guy's help and ta git these kids out by Tuesday or we may be faced with canceling, or possibly rescheduling to later in the year for, this years event.

If you're free to help out next Sunday, please jump out to the Pro-Teen pages and register as a boater: http://www.westernbass.com/proteen/register. There's no charge for boaters, we cover the launch and feed ya, you get a 1/2 day on the water taking a kid fishing, play Big Brother and have a great time on the Delta. You don't have to be a tournament touring angler, just a guy with a boat to help out introduce these kids to the sport of bass fishing in a very relaxed competitive event. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a note at FlipBiguns@Yahoo.com via e-mail or call my home office number at 925-392-8871.
lcates

Re: 2016 C.O.Pro-Teen Classic Teen field is FULL! Boaters needed!

Post by lcates »

I don't understand why more of u tournament guys cant give one day to help grow this sport its getting worse every year please come out and take a kid fishing this is like the superbowl for some of these kids..
flipit

Post by flipit »

I agree. Ive been doing this event for a long time. Its fun and rewarding. For some reason it seems like its always the same boaters. Would be great to see some more anglers come out and support this event.
Fishing should be fun.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

This will be my 5th Pro-Teen, but my 1st as a boater. This event made such a big impact on my love for tournament fishing and I learned so much from each of my boaters. You don't have to be a true "Pro" to volunteer. The fact that there's no waiting list this year shows how bad the lack of boaters really is. Come on guys!!!! This event made my summer every year!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Todka32

Post by Todka32 »

Just signed up as a boater. Looking forward to the event as this is my 1st year.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

This will be my second year as a boater. It is a great experience, and the kids are thrilled. Worth doing.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thank you gentlemen for all yer support! We're getting closer, up to 37 now as I head out to meet this week's only client. Upon my return this evening, I'll get an e-mail out to each of you that signed up confirming yer registration. 23 ta go, you could make a difference in a kid's life by coming out and joining us!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey Andy,
Looks like via your last post things are looking up. Does this mean there are enough right now to where the event is going to roll on for Sunday or is that still to be determined?

Thanks,
Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Randy, event definitely is a go, we're up to 48 boaters, still need a dozen more ta get each teen out with his own partner. We're getting there, THANKS GUYS!
DaLa

Post by DaLa »

AWESOME
mmalinao

Post by mmalinao »

I felt compelled to help out so I signed up, but honestly I don't know anything about this event other than they are kids and boaters are needed.

Can someone clue me in on the details?
Do we just drive them around and let them pick the spots and work the trolling motor?
What time does this event start and when do we need to be there?

Any info would be great, thanks.

-Mike
-Mike Malinao
mmalinao

Post by mmalinao »

Never mind, I found the original info on WB.

-Mike[/quote]
-Mike Malinao
reddog

Post by reddog »

Come on guys, I'm at ICast working the event and I'm still trying to figure out how to sign up for this event just to help out the kids. Get involved please this is the future of our sport.
Cooch

2016 COPT Teen field is FULL! Boaters come through!

Post by Cooch »

You guys are AWESOME! Since our crusade of posts here on Friday, FB posts, a visit with KB on Ultimate Bass Radio on Saturday and a lot of wire pounding thru today, our boater count is at 62! We now have a comfort zone of having enough boaters to get these 60 kids out. We feel comfy with adding teens if they should call me directly and request to get on a stand by between now and Sunday as we tend to have a group of boaters who never register, they just show up, as well as we will continue to encourage boaters to register if they are free and want to help out with the calls I continue and will probably get, thru Saturday. I know there are probably a number of teens who saw my posts back on the 4th we were closing the event, that would love to participate. That possibility now exists, let's do it, I'm gonna go build an additional 15 tackle packs just in case!

Thank You Guys!
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Just giving a heads up to all boaters, checking in and getting your partner the day before the tournament makes the experience much more exciting for the Teen. I have learned so much from my Pros the day before the event, and I plan to meet and rig up and prepare my Teen at my boat after the evening check-in Saturday, it's really cool hanging out and talking fishing and was a highlight of every year I competed. Plus, it might make the blastoff quicker!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Link to all info

http://www.westernbass.com/proteen

Only two days away.