Post by mark poulson »

This is a must read if you want to know what's happening with our water:

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... rnia-water
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ElGuapo

Re: The CA couple who uses more water than all LA homes combined

Post by ElGuapo »

Thanks for posting Mark. Our family loves Fiji water, Cuties and pistachios but we're going to start boycotting them going forward.
ILW

Post by ILW »

+1 pistachios and cuties
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

long and Informative read.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
WRB

Post by WRB »

Friend of ours worked for the Resnick family and has nothing good to say about Lynda, they are still buying up land/water rights in the Central Valley.
Good article!
Tom
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

With the rising sea levels, desalination is a good "scientific" proven solution to the growing water demands thus will sustain the thriving economy. This will keep the sea level at bay and leave the Delta and Colo Rivers a better chance to survive and thrive without being raped and pillaged by money and special interests and will get the governing bodies out of this reactionary dilemma that is hurting this State. The governing bodies need to be accountable for implementing proactive and innovative "proven" solutions to the increasing water demands instead of always taking the reactive "easy" route.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
jimmyG

Post by jimmyG »

Good read about one man's greed. What the article doesn't mention is how much of his product is exported out of the US.

Unfortunately, there are probably many more like him.
drew

Post by drew »

The title of the article is wrong. It should read Successful CA Business Uses X Amount of Water to Meet its Customers Demands.

I guess their bad people because they supply us with good products, bring money into the country, employ thousands and their philanthropists. Has this turned into a Bernie supporter thread.

We are getting screwed big time and its not by these people. At least we get something for our money when we buy their products.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

drew wrote:The title of the article is wrong. It should read Successful CA Business Uses X Amount of Water to Meet its Customers Demands.

I guess their bad people because they supply us with good products, bring money into the country, employ thousands and their philanthropists. Has this turned into a Bernie supporter thread.

We are getting screwed big time and its not by these people. At least we get something for our money when we buy their products.
That's an interesting perspective with which I largely agree.

I'll admit I'm driven by emotion. Bass fishing in the Delta is threatened and that alarms me.

But just trying to be more objective I think the facts are these:

- An enormous amount water may soon be diverted upriver from the Delta which will limit the supply of fresh water to local farmers and impact the Delta as a fishery.
- The need to divert this water is being framed as one of 'water security' for the public should we encounter a prolonged or frequent droughts.
- But in reality, the primary beneficiaries would be the Resnicks and other large corporate farming entities.
- The tunnels used to divert the water will be built with public money rather than being funded by the entities which stand to benefit most.

I think the crux of the issue is that the Resnicks and others influencing public policy for personal gain at the expense of fishermen like myself and farmers local to the Delta.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

The Resnick family are closely connected to Governer Browns family , going all the way back to the current Governers father . Review all the detailed information available online and you'll see how this man literally gets water sold to him and very low rates from our government in tremendous amounts and then ends up selling the unused water back to the State at huge profits . He never does anything for the water with the exception of being highly , politically connected.
In addition , the area's he 's is buying up real estate in the Central Valley are not at all good for farming and in fact they use 10-20 times amount of water to produce the same crops in better , more suitable soils for farming . When you drive down Hwy 5 , you see the signs about water and farming and the "poor" people . Those lands are horrible for farming and the Resnicks can water the crap out of those almond tree's because they get the water so cheap and the land was so cheap . Nobody else would be able to do this because they are not connected to our highly positioned politicians . If the tunnels go through , the Resnicks will get even more water and more land to run their farming /Ponzi scheme.
Tell me how an almond farmer can obtain wealth estimated at over $3 billion ?
Robb
jimmyG

Post by jimmyG »

I have nothing negative to say about the Resnick's (and their entrepreneur businesses) or any other central valley farmer and the benefits they bring to the state. The only thing I have say to them is, 'bring your operation to the water and not the water to your operation.' They have purchased the land inexpensively in the central valley, which is basically desert, and now they want the taxpayer to pay and bring water to them. Yes, agriculture land in the central valley is cheaper compared to northern state where the water is. One of the many political reasons for the famed 'Bullet Train' was to increase the property value of the central valley and make commuting to the bay area faster and easier.

Now you want to kill the eco-system of the Sac-Delta for your greed. There's an old saying, 'It's not nice to mess with mother nature.' When will we learn?
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Jimmy G ,
Help me understand , you have nothing bad to say about a billionaire using his power , influence and life long connections to seriously influence our leaders in Sacramento over billions of dollars of taxpayer money on multiple projects so that he can personally gain unthinkable profits ?
This is exactly the type of behavior that all hard working Americans are sick and tired of . Paying additional taxes for no real gain and only the connected and powerful get rewarded .
Hope you enjoy higher taxes , the Resnicks are going to enjoy collecting it ( in a entrepreneurial way of course )
Robb
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Clearly we have the best government money can buy.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY