Bass fishing on jet ski

209bassin

Bass fishing on jet ski

Post by 209bassin »

How's it going guys, just wondering if anyone uses a jet ski out on the delta for bass fishing? If so how do you like it? Pros and cons?
Lugnut

Re: Bass fishing on jet ski

Post by Lugnut »

I see guys running striper boils regularly in Stockton. I think it is a pretty sweet idea
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
MT

Post by MT »

There's a guy on BassBoatCentral that fishes back east on one in the saltwater. He has it set up really nice. I think his handle is Jet Ski Brian. He posts lots of pictures so you could probably get some good ideas if you looked him up.
209bassin

Post by 209bassin »

Yah. I've alway fished from the bank but the wife want to get something for the water. I figure a jet ski is going to be the least maintenance
jeff bradshaw

Post by jeff bradshaw »

You may just want to get an aluminum boat rather than a jetski. Much more room for your rod(s), tackle, drinks and other things you would need like rain gear, sunscreeen, first aid kit, ect.
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

209Basin, Jet ski maintenance can be incredible.
Now that's coming from someone who did it for about 12 years back when they were pretty much only standups.
For low maintenance I think you want a kayak.

I did fish from my jetski way back when. I had this thing call the Wedge that made it into a sit down jet ski.
I used to get the oddest looks from the bass guys. They didn't know if I should be considered a friend or Fo :-).

Now to your question.
Fishing from a jetski especially the new ones should work pretty good.
You would have to adapt special tackle carriers and I would recommend a rod strap system.
You would be limited on your gear but look at how much the Kayak guys carry. I think its up to your creativity.
One thing for sure you won't be limited to where you can get to.

Have fun,
Rene Duzac
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Jet Ski Brian, can probably give you all the info and he has great pictures of his jet ski fishing which he does in the ocean ,go to BBC he's on there frequently. He has and article in some magazine which I can remember the name of.
Ray Vanacore