NCBF old school style help needed

green weenie

NCBF old school style help needed

Post by green weenie »

Hey all newbies and og'ers, I don't post in here much anymore but still look in when I can. I remember back when information was freely shared and am needing some of that help again. I have a chance to come back up to the Delta after at least a 7 year absence probably longer. There will be at least 3 boats coming up and I have the most experience up there even though it's been a long time. I'm looking for some info that will help us find some fish. Whatever you can share. This can be global info like tides, general areas to concentrate in, etc. it won't be used to sore mouth your fish, your spot or used against you in a tourney. Just need these guys to have a good time. Old school this was common. I remember long strings of posts on things like fishing little mandeville, Frank's, the infamous pilot slough, wink, wink. etc. PM me if you need to but throw it out here if you are willing. Thanks again.
Wolfeman

Re: NCBF old school style help needed

Post by Wolfeman »

Was out last Saturday, fishing a mostly outgoing tide.
We had some luck throwing 6 inch Senkos in sparse tules, mostly down south.
Got the biggest one in a raging current down near Disco.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but there are a lot of one pounders in the system.
My advice...go junk fishing. You'll get em.
Good luck,
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

If you click on the "delta" tab at the top of the home page (or the top of the forum page) it will give you all kinds of general info like tides, weather, water temp, places to stay or eat, tackle shops, etc.

You can also check the Lake Reports pages (if anyone has posted a report recently, sometimes it is not all that well used) or use the search function at the upper part of the forum page. Just type in "Delta" and it will call up every post that mentions delta in either the thread title of the post body. I know this is just general stuff, but hopefully may be enough to get you started

One more thing, you can check the RB Bass Fishing website, those guys are always posting good reports, not just for the Delta, but for places like Clear Lake, Berry, Folsom, CFW etc. You can click on their banner at the bottom of this page, or here's a link: http://rbbassfishing.net/

Hope this helps
Last edited by Stratos278 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Mark Lassagne summed it up pretty well.
https://www.facebook.com/marklassagnefishing/

I was able to get about 20 - 30 on the Senko with 2 about 4 lbs.
The punch is the better bite for the solid fish.

That being said it's been feeling like fall is in the air lately.
If I were to go out tomorrow i would have the LV500 on the deck as well as some Rip and Crank baits.

Check out Mark's post.
It's a video about his Club outing this last weekend.

Thanks,
Rene
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I dont know if i can top those past two posters, Mark's video is a great insight as to what is going on as well as the information continously coming from the gang at RB BASS. I havnt been the D-Rat i would like to be this year, i was down there for the Snag Proof Event and this is what I saw.

I would start around franks or Mildrids and work my way south with the switch - there are better current movements going south giving the amount of pumping that's occuring. A 6-7" Senko in greenpumpkin red still smokes em, your ole crank bait will still smoke em and have a punch rod. Lots of perrywinkle and hyacinth running through the system and the dads are up under the mats and along the rip rap. I havent done well going out past lil franks and not too many guys are running to big break these days. Pilot slough is still kickin out Kent Pounders throw the wopper plopper in monkey butt on the mid tide - damn thing will get you a striper or a largie.

Have fun, as you know this river is always changing and there are no secrets.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Also Delta reports in the Lake Report section http://www.westernbass.com/lake/california-delta

Screengrab of how to get Delta Info
delta.png
green weenie

Post by green weenie »

That's good stuff right there. I'll see what we can put together.

Wes
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

I am not a pro or compete at a level like some of these folks, but I have been fishing the Delta for quite a few years and have been out 5-6 times over the last 3 weeks......all but one trip all the better fish came on baits with red in them....Watermelon Red/Black Senko's, Red Bomber 7a's, Red Speedtraps, and Fried Watermelon Beavers.....did catch a 7 1/2 on a frog in the evening, but with the exceptions of a few slaps, I couldn't get anything going on top. Good luck, oh yeah most success for me was fishing the outside on outgoing, and inside TIGHT on the incoming (guessing that's pretty normal for all....) Just my .02
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
green weenie

Post by green weenie »

We'll we ended up doing ok. We caught around 40 fish each day but our best 5 were about 16 on sat and 18 on sun. Had a 6 lber each day. Punching was more quality, red cranks and senkos caught plenty of fish during all moving tides. We had a great time getting back up to the Delta. Thanks for everyone's advise.

Wes