salmon, stripers, and bass

Whoopbass

salmon, stripers, and bass

Post by Whoopbass »

I was fishing the Stockton area yesterday and hooked about a 12# salmon. Got it to the boat but couldn't get it in. I saw two more salmon surface within an hours time of fishing this area. It bit a shad patterned Stike King crankbait that dives about 4-5'. So if your out fishing you might want to have some type of flatfish type lure tied on or a lure that doesn't dive very deep laying on the deck and pay attention to any large heads briefly popping out of the water.
I wasn't going to keep it anyways but a pic would have been nice.
There is also some small schoolie stripers that can be caught. They can be a pain to unhook and release but when the bass fishing gets slow they're fun to catch.
Bass fishing was kinda slow for me yesterday but I only went to a couple areas. Probably caught 4-5. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to salmon, striper, or bass fish.
Sharpshooter

Re: salmon, stripers, and bass

Post by Sharpshooter »

Awesome me and the family went out last nite and caught stripers to 20". We just look for the birds .When they boil its a lot of fun . Also got 2 bass on a jig. Last week I caught a salmon fishing for bass with a jerk bait and it weighed 14.2
DeltaBassBuster

Re: salmon, stripers, and bass

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

It's Triple-Play time!!! I love the Fall Turn-Over when it finally starts. :wink: