HUGE TROPHY COW Striper Released

WB Staff

HUGE TROPHY COW Striper Released

Post by WB Staff »

From Jebadiah Jones‎

Surf fishing for striped Bass - huge trophy cow striper released from the beach. "There are 4 kinds of bass to catch: bass, good bass, big bass and trophy bass." While surf fishing for big striped bass last week I had some really nice striper but this cow striper was the largest bass of the week. It was a huge cow trophy striped bass taken on the beach just inside the sand bar. The huge striper really impressed me with her length and girth and truly an astonishing trophy fish. There are some cool photos in the film, I hope you view it in its entirety.

I tossed the freshest bunker with a fish finder rig. I had a 6/0 hook with 8"-12" of 60lb leader and a 5oz bank sinker. My tackle was sufficient with 50lb braid on a Penn 140 Squidder on a old Penn Big Game Spinfisher Rod - Conventional Model. She broke water right after the take, took some nice runs, ran into and out from the beach and nearly slacked me out a few times but I managed to land the cow striped bass after our dance and got some film of the capture and release. It was truly an exhilarating experience.

The release of this trophy cow striper went smooth. I thought my hook was deep but it was just inside the rear portion of the huge fishes mouth. No blood at all, and after I got the beast into the wash she took a few gulps of fresh sea water and I felt the portly body pulse strong I nudged her into the undertow and watched her swim on her own under the crashing waves of the beach. The trophy bass was caught on October 12, 2016 at approximately 6:30 PM at Jones Beach State Park. Thanks again and always for watching and hope you enjoy the video as much as we did making it.