Snow Day

ttb31183

Snow Day

Post by ttb31183 »

The first snow in my area usually means people drive really crazy. I know from experience that it also makes the smallmouth a little crazy. When I woke up yesterday and saw snow on the ground, all I could think about was smallmouth. I waited a little longer to get on the road just to be safe. Turns out there wasn't as much snow closer to the lake. I live at a part of town with a higher elevation so we got hit a little harder.

With it being this late in the year, middle of the week and on a day that snowed I was the only boat on the water. It turned out to be a great day and the smallmouth were biting on Long Lake.

My biggest of the day was right at five pounds and fell for a dropshot. This was the first time I thought of bringing a tripod for my phone and it really helped for taking photos when you are by yourself. Much better than the arm stretched out "selfie" I am used to. My Galaxy S7 just requires you to say "smile" or "cheese" and the photo timer starts. Love the new technology for my fish photos.

With the water being around 50 degrees, I knew the blade bite would be starting soon. I picked it up at the end of the day and caught a four pound smallmouth and several crappie. That time is near and it should only get better as the temps drop.

Can't wait to get back out there.
Tyler Brinks