Clear Lake this week 11/29/2016

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Well, one holiday down two to go, then spring will be right around the corner. What?
Can you tell I dread this time of year? Your right, on one hand I do, and on the other
this is my time of year business wise, I just despise the cold, though it does produce some spectacular sunrises and sunsets! So, all in all we need the rain and it’s a small price to pay for what everyone hopes is going to be an awesome March.

Lake level actually moved a little bit this week and is up to 1.75 Rumsey, still a long way to go but much better start than we have had in quite some time. Water temps have now dropped down to the low 50’s and the bass are willing when you can find them and the wind isn’t blowing 20 mph.

All of this un-settled weather has been a challenge, still one can bit just about any way they choose. Big, small, fast, slow. Rocks, docks, grass and flats. Grass? Yep….. another RIGHT! Seriously though, getting bit really isn’t the challenge if you know where to look, quality however, has been the issue for most anglers.

Big fish reports; Yes, as usually this time of year will produce some really big fish for those chucking the big baits. Again though, finding them has been an issue for the casual angler. Local swim baiters though have been catching some really nice fish, so do not hesitate to pull it out. Hudds, Deps 250, Trashfish and some of the locally made baits can really produce in the coming cold weather being forecast for next week.

Stay warm and have fun!
20160823_064720.jpg
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com