BEST WAY TO SHAMPO BOAT RUGS

GEORGE D.

BEST WAY TO SHAMPO BOAT RUGS

Post by GEORGE D. »

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SHAMPO YOUR BOAT RUGS I WAS GOING TO BUY THE BISSELLGREEN MACHINE PORTABLE SHAMPO CLEANER DOES ANYONE OWN ONE THANKS FOR THE INFO GEORGE
Dom

Re: BEST WAY TO SHAMPO BOAT RUGS

Post by Dom »

Good ol' back in the day Elbow Grease, get ya a couple cans of Tuff stuff (wal-mart.auto zone,etc..) and a good medium brissle brush vacum it real good then spray let sit and SCRUB!!!!! then vacume again then rinse with water real good and wamo nice clean fluffy boat carpet.

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Vacuum real good, then mix up oxy-clean in hot water in a 5 gal bucket and pour on carpet, cleaning 3'x3' areas with a stiff bristle brush. Tilt boat nose up on trailer so it will drain well. Use a pressure nozzel on you hose and rinse front to back. Pick a sunny location and start early in the AM so it can dry well.
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
The Lone Angler

Post by The Lone Angler »

George,

Go to the carwash and use the high pressure nozzle to wet carpet. Use soap brush to brush soap in. Use rinse nozzle to wash soap/dirt away. Been doing this for 15 years on my Ranger.

Hope this helps,

Phil Thunen
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

If you have your home carpet professionally cleaned have the same guy do your boat. They usually will do it for nothing or just a small fee. I have mine done it's the best cleaning it will ever get. I dont recommend high pressure washers cause they can cause the carpet adhessive to let go....be careful.

Hope this helps...
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Ash_B

Post by Ash_B »

Cleaning rugs and carpets can be very tricky. You can wet your rug for starters to make old dust and stain "softer". You can also wash your rugs with a mixture of water and mild detergent. If every method you tried has failed, then you can always call professional cleaners.
Silver Rug Cleaning
999 Saratoga Ave.
San Jose, CA 95129, United States
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Bissel spot clean with pro heat. It works well for me
Dobyns Rods
fatbass

Post by fatbass »

Folex cleaner with a scrub brush. Then pressure wash
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

folex works great but if you get the right carpet cleaner he can do a great job. My ranger is 2004 and I have never replaced the carpet which looks awesome and I have mine done every 3 months when I do my house.
Scott.
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open