Makeshift Damiki Rig

ttb31183

Makeshift Damiki Rig

Post by ttb31183 »

If you were following the Elite Series event on Lake Cherokee this weekend, you probably heard "Damiki Rig" at least 20 times. It was used by most of the top finishers and seems like a good way to catch fish while looking at your graph. They kept saying on Bassmaster LIVE that it was specific to that region in TN, but I'm sure some of you do the same thing with a darter head, right? Has to work in other places besides there.

If you didn't watch the coverage or have no idea what the rig is, it is basically a small 3" soft jerkbait (named after the Damiki Armor Shad and fished on an "Erie" style jighead. They say that's the key to achieve the best action out of the bait and the jighead must have a 90-degree bend. They fish it while dropping to individual or groups of fish they see on the graph.

I went through some of my stuff and found the following that should work for the technique. I'm eager to try it around here. What other baits would work? I heard some people were using a Shad Shape worm that looks pretty similar without the split tail.

I don't have any of those jigheads yet but saw a few people using ones similar to these.

Tyler Brinks
Stratos278

Re: Makeshift Damiki Rig

Post by Stratos278 »

ttb31183 wrote: I went through some of my stuff and found the following that should work for the technique. I'm eager to try it around here. What other baits would work? I heard some people were using a Shad Shape worm that looks pretty similar without the split tail.
Fluke...
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I think it's like a float n fly setup...the jig head has to have enough weight forward of the line tie to get the whole thing to hang level when the soft plastic is threaded onto it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Optimum Baits Victory Shad. muy bueno!
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related