Beginner tournaments?

cib11b

Beginner tournaments?

Post by cib11b »

Looking for a club/beginner tournaments. I have a small Ranger with a 115. Looking for oroville, bullards, and Clear Lake. I won't be able to fish all the tournaments as I usually work weekends. Just looking for a little fun. I had a friend mention west coast or west bass something but he recently passed away before I got more info. Any help?
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Chad Sweitzer

Re: Beginner tournaments?

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

After moving up to Chico this year I joined the paradise bass club. They do tourneys at all 3 of the lakes you mentioned. It's a very VERY low-key club, if you're looking to get a little more serious, the Oroville Bassmasters do tournaments in that area too. I think it costs around 100 for the Oro. Bassmasters, and it costs only 40 dollars for Paradise, with Paradise it's not about the money, just a bunch of guys fishing together for bragging rights. Both are good options, just depends on your preference.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, this is just off the top of my head!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

Thank you Chad, do you have any contact information for both clubs? They both sound like what I'm looking for. Just a little fun, not really about the money.

Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Any club would be good for you. Having a small boat (115) does not affect your ability to win. Or to enjoy your fishing time, just find a club that you are comfortable in. :D

I fish a TR177 Ranger and would put it up against any boat.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

Thank you Rod. I wasn't sure if some tournaments had motor requirements or not. Still looking for a club...

Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Sent you a PM.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I always had a boat but used to fish the Federation as a non-boat. Never had a bad boater and met a lot of friends thru the years. And yea every once in a while won some money. So once you find a club, think about going with the Fed. Some of the nicest guys I've ever met.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

^^^ Great advice right there. Start with a club - sounds like Paradise might be just the ticket. Club fishing lets you get your feet wet, meet some fellow anglers, learn the ropes, and have fun and fellowship.

Once you're comfortable with that, you can either find a partner and start fishing one of the local tournament trails, or jump to the back seat and fish one of the federations or one of the pro/am circuits.

Some of my most fond memories come from the back deck of some of the pros I've been fortunate to fish with.

Just do it - you won't regret it and will likely be hooked for life!
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Dave Poolman

Post by Dave Poolman »

Tunaman.. Have'nt heard that in awhile. How You doin?? I'm still in Ventura fishin Castaic. Hope all is well.
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

If your interested we do Wednesday night tourneys on Clear lake. wnsshootout.com They are 35$ and pretty low key. We only weigh one fish. Moonlights are team events and we weigh 3 fish. Good bunch of guys that fish these and the best part is they are not on the weekends!