Sunday Schoolies

THE DR

Sunday Schoolies

Post by THE DR »

Went on the hunt for some stripers in the East delta this weekend. We found some cleaner water with temps 55-57 degrees. Threw the big glides for a few followers and a few bumps. Finally gave in and downsized to a SP110 on the spinning rod. That was the ticket as we boated 8 fish Friday morning, 12 Friday evening and 20 Sunday morning. Nothing of size. Most were shakers to barely keepers, with a couple 3lb mixed in. I did break off one that was 5-10lb, I was using straight 10lb braid and got cut off when the fish rolled into the line.

Good times on the light gear! Next weekend I'll scout a little further west, to see if we can find better size. Looking forward to next month after the water clears and the giant females move in.

Kenji N.

Freefall

Re: Sunday Schoolies

Post by Freefall »

Linesides on a wand is good times.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

Thanks for the update! My boy is chomping at the bit to get after the stripers again.

Where does the east delta start and where does the west delta start? Is Stockton considered south delta?
THE DR

Post by THE DR »

Bass hack wrote:Thanks for the update! My boy is chomping at the bit to get after the stripers again.

Where does the east delta start and where does the west delta start? Is Stockton considered south delta?
I usually consider the Sac river and Sherman the West. And, the SJ river and anything east, East. Anything south of Franks, into Stockton would be South.