Up grade jiggin rods

jiggin4bass

Up grade jiggin rods

Post by jiggin4bass »

I'm not into slot of tournament fishing but I do slot of jig fishing and I want to upgrade my spinning rods I use for jigging
I'm into throwing lite line 4,6,8 lbs on my spinning rods I don't fish anything heavier than 10 lbs on my casting rods again I use bass pro extreme spinning rods ZTE66me 6'6" med action 1/8 to 1/2 oz 4-12 lbs test line m6 again I throw 1/8 1/4 3/16 oz on my spinning rods 3/8 and 1/2 oz on my casting I'm looking at spinning rods only I'm not into the higher priced rods $100.00 to $150.00 range works I'm a big fan of Eastman and Hensley lakes I throw alot of finesse baits mixed in with some regular jigs. Any help would be appreciated
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Re: Up grade jiggin rods

Post by jiggin4bass »

I also fish Millerton pineflat McClure and tulloch on occasion but not as much my local lakes I want to get back into 2 to 4 days a week fishing that's why the up grade on the spinning rods.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

If you were to buy a St Croix Avid 7' in a Med/heavy action with a fast tip (AVS70MHF) you wont be disappointed. You probably will never want to throw another rod. They and a little more expensive then the price range you listed but the extra $50.00 will be worth it to gain the sensitivity of the rod. Pair it up with a good reel and some Seaguar Invisx flourocarbon and you will feel the slightest of bites and have enough power in the rod to get a good hook set. I personally use 12 to 15 pound test on my jig rods but its always seaguar invisx unless I'm throwing braid.. Just my two cents worth..

Russ
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I'd try hard to talking you into a 7' rod. There's a lot more available options and I believe the longer length with cast farther but also pick up more line on hookset. Dobyns has a LOT of available models that will fit you.

Also, we take calls at our shop many times a day helping with advice on what model will suit you. We'll ask lots of questions to get info to make the right call on the right rod.

Our shop # 530-671-1989
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I throw jigs 98% of time year around paired up with yamamoto twin tails and I do make long can't and one of my favorite s is vertical jigging and dead sticking deadly right now 7' rods sound good
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Jiggin4bass - PM sent