Boat explosion after fueling

WB Staff

Boat explosion after fueling

Post by WB Staff »

OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — Three people were injured after a boat exploded while parked at a dock along the North Carolina coast, according to WECT.

According to reports, the incident happened on Friday when two people fueling the boat accidentally put 28 gallons of gas into a fishing rod holder.

Jeff Williamson told WECT he noticed a sheen of gas on the water and told them about their mistake. He advised they call a tow company instead of cranking the boat because it might cause an explosion.

When the boaters disconnected the battery cables, a spark ignited the gasoline and caused the explosion.

More info, pix and vid here: http://fox40.com/2017/06/04/3-injured-i ... od-holder/
monte300

Re: Boat explosion after fueling

Post by monte300 »

I'm not sure I've ever been drunk enough to pump 28 gallons of gas in my rod locker...........
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

this is what happens when someone borrows a boat or rents one . I have a hard time believing the actual owner of the boat was this stupid or that drunk . I had my neighbor borrow my lawnmower one time and he ended up putting gas in the oil tank , didn't bother to tell me and basically ruined the motor .
I say we should take all the warning signs of equipment and let the really stupid people suffer.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

If there were a death involved with this one I'm sure it would make the yearly Darwin Award Winner list.