HDS GEN III Tide locations

Moderator: Ken Sauret

jeremy z

HDS GEN III Tide locations

Post by jeremy z »

Looking for clarification
Can you set any of the locations as favorites? Once I venture far enough away from a location I cant seem to find it. Say Im in the Delta at Big Break I cant find the Orwood bridge location. Was hoping to set a few locations as favorites as I just seems to pick up the closest locations to you.
Thanks
Edd

Re: HDS GEN III Tide locations

Post by Edd »

No. The unit will automatically display tide info from the nearest tide station. You can however, select and display tide info from any of the tide stations listed in the menu at the top (tap the box where the current tide location is listed for the dropdown list).
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

The list did not have it either once a certain distance away. Is there a way to type in a location?
Thanks for the help.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Not sure what the problem could be. I get some tide stations when my boat is in my shop stall, some 150 miles away from me. It may have something to do with the buoy transmission region.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Attachments
tideinfo_zpsdmqm1tkr.png
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

There have been a bunch of problems with tide info after the latest Gen 3 updates. It takes about 30 seconds to find the nearest station when searching the Tide menu from Pages and then sometimes it doesn't find the closest one. When trying to select the icon from the map screen, it doesn't want to provide tide data. It thinks you are selecting a trail and displays trail info even when zoomed all the way in. I was at Paradise on Saturday, which has a tide station. When I selected Tide from the Pages menu it gave info for the station at Prisoner's Point! I have a ticket in with Navionics now about this. It seems to work better if you turn off Dynamic Icons.

NoCAL
Edd

Post by Edd »

Thanks NoCal for the update. I am using a Carbon and an EVO3 at my console but I do still have a Gen3 at the stern. I will play with the tides on the Gen3 next trip to the SAC.