DVL Night fishing report

rickyshabazz

DVL Night fishing report

Post by rickyshabazz »

Here is my DVL fishing report from last Saturday. I love fishing DVL at night and wish I was out there but this Saturday’s tournament was cancel. Me and Tlain, AKA Team Bling, fished the ABA event last Saturday and the fish were biting. We started off by throwing Fat IKAs on 15 pound test in the bushes. We caught several fish before dark that weighed in the 2.5-3 pound range.
Once it got dark we broke out the crankbaits and topwater. We through deep diving crankbaits on 15 pound test and Daiwa cranking rods. Those new @Daiwa Tatula Elite Series rods are sweet. We caught so many crank fish that I lost count. Most were in the 3-4 pound range. Included in the catch was two huge 15 pound flathead catfish and a 15 pound plus striper. We caught our largest bass of the night on a topwater bait. We ended the night with 13.79 which was good for 9th place.
The was very eventful when a good bass blew up on a wake bait and as Tony was fighting it I grabbed the net only to have the fish jump and through the big plug straight toward me like a bullet. That bait lodged into my knee and now I have a hook in lodged in me. Fortunately, it didn’t hurt and a trip to the ER in the morning to remove the hook.
Long story short. DVL is live and well. The fishing was amazing and the fish were fat. Give night fishing a try.

The Wanabepro
Tony Lain

Re: DVL Night fishing report

Post by Tony Lain »

Great night (except the hook in the knee...). If it was a 3 fish multi-species derby we would had 3 for over 45 pounds! Great battle with that giant Striper on the crank rod... That thing tried to "spool" you twice!!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine